Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:21 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: callback through trixbox CID billing? possible? help!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:50 am 

ok basically i have callback setup in trixbox so basically dial server

2. end call

3. server dial back

4. pickup phone and server autodirects to exten 225

5. then were in a2billing

ok i dont want to have to type in the PIN each time, instead i would rather it be billed based on teh CID of the incoming caller.

is there a way to setup a2billign to bill by incoming CID instead of the PIN.? Also for users to set that up when they sign up for my service or whatever .. thanks so much for any input etc... or if there is already a guide for this links appreciated thanks!

Post subject: Re: callback through trixbox CID billing? possible? help!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:15 am 

Hi

A2Billing has it's own callback system that does what you describe.

The other possible configuration is to set up the callback using FreePBX, then direct the call into a Custom Destination that calls A2Billing, with something like custom-a2billing,${EXTEN},1, calling to a context that says something like

[custom-a2billing]
exten => _x.,1,(a2billing.php|1)
exten => _x.,n,hangup

With this configuration, the CLI of the customer should be delivered to A2Billing so you can authenticate on it.

Bear in mind with this system, you can only bill the B Leg of the call, so the rates will have to include the A Leg costs, so you may want to restrict where a customer can call from using inbound routes.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:41 am 

hmm i see what you are saying...

ok 3 questions..

1. on the a2billing callback feature... when they connect (is it just 1 second connect to the server and it will then autocallback.) i know on trixbox, it rings forever, there therefore it does not charge me the outgoing rate (when caling the callback server because it never actualyl connects to the other line it just rings contiunsouly but trixbox sees the CID and that is how it does the callback (so really no charging from carrier on that calll (only voip carrier). does a2billing callback work the same?

2. If i wanted to do callback based on CID, how can i do that in a2billing. Also how do i let customers type in their CID in like a registration thing, so that it automatically sets that up.

jroper wrote:

With this configuration, the CLI of the customer should be delivered to A2Billing so you can authenticate on it.

Bear in mind with this system, you can only bill the B Leg of the call, so the rates will have to include the A Leg costs, so you may want to restrict where a customer can call from using inbound routes.

Joe

as you said in the above quote i dont quite understand "how that works" Plus the way i have the callback setup is based on CID. So that means that when they register for a2billing, the CID they put in, would become a new incoming DID/CID route in trixbox (to allow the callback to initiate) and minutes used would be billed through a2billing.

it seems the way to go is 100% a2billing but im not sure how to setup the CID callback situation where it does not charge me for that outgoing minute from the phone to the server before teh callback part (so the cell comapny does not charge me an outgoing minute), and also how to setup a system where the CID is used in registration.

Thanks so much for your time and comments

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:52 am 

If the a phone is not answered, then no charge should be made. A2Billing would not answer the call, it hangs it up.

Customers would have to add their caller ID - with the FreePBX based callback, the Caller ID can be added automatically when they put in the PIN correctly for the first time.

With A2Billing CID based callback, the Caller ID has to be in the system already, which suggests that they either have to ring an access number or maintenance number and authenticate once to add their Caller ID, add it via their customer interface, or you add it via the admin screen.

The only incoming route you would need is your callback trigger number, which would be directed either to launch A2Billing callback, or FreePBX callback. You may want to do some pattern matching on the CID to ensure that in the case of FreePBX callback, the callback can only be launched from Caller ID entitled to use the service, e.g. a UK based mobile callback would have an entry in inbound routes of the CID field of _447[4-9]X.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:22 pm 

ok so i can use the a2billing callback without getting charged.. that is good, but there is no way set it up so that when they register for a calling card plan or w/e, they cannot put in their CID? im not sure how you would add they would add the CID in the callback system when they register or later on. (the whole idea is to avoid the using the pin.) Basically i want it to be able when they callback because its CID based, the DISA automatically kicks in so its seemless. (and when they run out of minutes for the server to not call them back.. or something of that nature?) kind of confused how to set thatup.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:27 pm 

I did suggest a few ways that you or the customer can get the CID assigned to his account.

Quote:
With A2Billing CID based callback, the Caller ID has to be in the system already, which suggests that they either have to ring an access number or maintenance number and authenticate once to add their Caller ID, add it via their customer interface, or you add it via the admin screen.

The system will not call you back if there is insufficient credit.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:50 pm 

ok but how.... like can they authenticate it by calling in to a #? how do they do that? ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:21 pm 

also how do i tell the trixbox server to go to Exten 225 i added

exten => 225,1,Answer
exten => 225,3,DeadAGI,a2billing.php
exten => 225,4,Wait,2
exten => 225,5,Hangup

to exten_custom_conf

but still the inbound route goes to my IVR (setup on trixbox)

how do i have it setup so that trixbox automatically points this to a2billing system?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:30 pm 

Custom destination

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:08 pm 

do i want to do the custom destination like:

from-internal-custom,225,1

?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:18 pm 

ok i followed the guide on the wiki to get trixbox to point to a2billing (yea!)...

now i mean im sure this question has been asked before but still a guide or direction would help?

1. how do i setup a callback server?

2. how do i make it easy for customers to join, choose a rate plan, and then get billed by CID info (maybe they add something in their control panel, or they call into another number (i would hae to set that up). to active confirmation through CID?

how could this be accomplished or a guide.... thanks!

Auto Dialer Software