provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: Balance/topup callback, 1st leg caller ID and different rate
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:27 pm 

Hi guys,
I am trying to setup a system that is completely callback based. So far i have run into a few issues.
1. is there a way to create a callback that when it calls the user back it will tell them their balance and then offer them to option to top up their account etc? This would be a free callback and would ask for their pin.

2. Currently my caller id is stuffed with my supplier but i have read in places here that in past version this was a problem as it gets set to the users number. Is this still the case? If so is there a clean work around? I know there are a few based on code changes.

3. I need to charge the first leg differently based on the DID called. The reason for this is some of my rates are flat rates and others per minute. My first leg needs to match this and either be flat rate to match the 2nd leg or per second to match the second leg. I thought this may be easier to do if used different DID's to trigger the callbacks or i could do it based on the number the user is trying to call.

4. With callbacks is there anyway i can manipulate and check the number the user has entered? I was thinking of auto adding some area code info based on the callerID of the user if the user forgets to add it themselves.

5. Is it possible to do CallerID and pin authentication on the same call? CallerID is used to workout to call them back or not but pin is still needed to make calls etc.

6. is there a way to have a DID the user could call and then it triggers a call back that will then request a pin. once it gets the pin it hangs up and assigns the caller id to that users account? If the caller id was against another account it would move it to this account. I am using a box for my callback system so i could get it to trigger this callback each time it gets power or something to keep the caller id info up to date so that this is the only number i would need to use all-callback on.

I know there are lots of questions and some have been partly answered before but i wanted to confirm a few things for a2billing 1.4.1 as i was unsure if the other answers were for 1.4 or 1.4.1.

Regards,

Chris
asterisk 1.4, a2billing 1.4.1

Post subject: Re: Balance/topup callback, 1st leg caller ID and different rate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:19 pm 

Hi guys,
Quote:
I am trying to setup a system that is completely callback based. So far i have run into a few issues.
1. is there a way to create a callback that when it calls the user back it will tell them their balance and then offer them to option to top up their account etc? This would be a free callback and would ask for their pin.

Yes, you can do this, but you may be best assigning a number to call for topups, an administrative number if you like.

Quote:
2. Currently my caller id is stuffed with my supplier but i have read in places here that in past version this was a problem as it gets set to the users number. Is this still the case? If so is there a clean work around? I know there are a few based on code changes.

The issue is when a callback comes to a mobile phone, and it has the same Caller ID as the mobile phone, the carrier regards this as the customer wanting to check voicemail. You would have to force the caller ID to the same in the agi-conf, but it would be set the same for all customers who use that agi-conf.

Quote:
3. I need to charge the first leg differently based on the DID called. The reason for this is some of my rates are flat rates and others per minute. My first leg needs to match this and either be flat rate to match the 2nd leg or per second to match the second leg. I thought this may be easier to do if used different DID's to trigger the callbacks or i could do it based on the number the user is trying to call.

As the system never answers the call to trigger a callback, there should be no need to differentiate between the trigger numbers, as none of them will ever incur a charge, as they are never answered.

Quote:
4. With callbacks is there anyway i can manipulate and check the number the user has entered? I was thinking of auto adding some area code info based on the callerID of the user if the user forgets to add it themselves.

It can be done with complicated rate tables and trunks.

Quote:
5. Is it possible to do CallerID and pin authentication on the same call? CallerID is used to workout to call them back or not but pin is still needed to make calls etc.

I'd have to check, it is a feature of callthrough, see the appropriate setting in the agi-conf.

Quote:
6. is there a way to have a DID the user could call and then it triggers a call back that will then request a pin. once it gets the pin it hangs up and assigns the caller id to that users account? If the caller id was against another account it would move it to this account. I am using a box for my callback system so i could get it to trigger this callback each time it gets power or something to keep the caller id info up to date so that this is the only number i would need to use all-callback on.

Without doing a callback, it would be possible to automatically set up an account by dialling an access number.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 pm 

jroper wrote:
Yes, you can do this, but you may be best assigning a number to call for topups, an administrative number if you like.

Could you give an example at all. I guess i should explain that my system is totally callback based because all calls of my customers are STD and stupid rates in Australia. It is much cheaper for me to call them. I plan to have a number of DIDs so one could trigger a special callback just for this or could i make it an extension/custom destination or something that they enter? I have not tried using callback to connect to an extension yet. Also if i did this as a custom destination or extension how would i get it to say their balance?

jroper wrote:
The issue is when a callback comes to a mobile phone, and it has the same Caller ID as the mobile phone, the carrier regards this as the customer wanting to check voicemail. You would have to force the caller ID to the same in the agi-conf, but it would be set the same for all customers who use that agi-conf.

Do you know if it effects people with message bank on their home phones? That is very similar to message bank on mobiles and quite popular in Australia. So it is possible to set an agi-conf just for the first leg of the callback? The second leg should use the callerid of the caller.

Quote:

jroper wrote:
As the system never answers the call to trigger a callback, there should be no need to differentiate between the trigger numbers, as none of them will ever incur a charge, as they are never answered.
Quote:
ok i did not explain this too well. what i was hoping to do is build up a set of rates i could use for the callback service and a calling card service if i do that as well. the problem is that with the callback i need to charge the first leg of the callback differently based on how the second leg is charged. If the second leg is a per minute leg then i want to charge the first leg as a per minute rate but if the second leg is a flat rate then i want to charge the first leg as a flat rate as well. At the min i am getting around this by building the cost of the first leg into the second but this is less than ideal especially if i all mobiles to request call backs as well later on. At the min it is just landlines so it is manageable. The did's were just an idea to make it easier to tell them apart and maybe control the way the call was handled.

Quote:

jroper wrote:
It can be done with complicated rate tables and trunks.

I can't really do it with rates as it will clash with other international numbers. I was hoping you could use a custom extension or something for the second leg of the callback or somewhere between the first and second leg so you could add to the number the user dialed if needed.

Quote:

jroper wrote:
Without doing a callback, it would be possible to automatically set up an account by dialing an access number.

I don't want to set up a new account a such. I will already have an account it is a matter of updating the account to have the caller ID of the user. Also really need to be a callback even if it is a callback that then connects them to an internal number or feature that does it.

Thanks for all the advice so far!

a2billing has been a real challenge for me. It never seemed to want to work correctly with my asterisk but with all the help and info on here i am starting to get thanks for all the help you provide to me and the others on here.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:07 am 

If anyone else is trying to do a similar thing to what i was trying there is an enhancement i have posted that has the patch and the full a2billing.php for it if you are interested.

http://www.asterisk2billing.org/cgi-bin ... ticket/660

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:53 pm 

seer_tenedos wrote:

Hello everybody !, I was searching arround and got with this post. I also need to authenticate via callerid AND pin, first look for the caller id and then ask for the pin. I need this for double security.

I think with the default php code this is not possible so I investigated and editing Class.A2Billing.php should make it possible but my PHP knowledge is very limited.

Thank you !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:31 pm 

This is an option in the agi-conf

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:39 am 

Hi,

I think you are referrng to cid_askpincode_ifnot_callerid "if the CID does not exist, then the caller will be prompt to enter his cardnumber", do you ? This will pronmt for the PIN only iof the callerid is invalid, but I need to do both things, CLID+PIN.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:43 am 

I refer to

[list=]Auto CLID Security
callerid_authentication_over_cardnumber
to check callerID over the cardnumber authentication (to guard against spoofing). [/list]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:50 pm 

I´ve enabled this option, but it is not for double CLID+PIN auth. I think I must do it changing the code :|

Thanks !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:09 pm 

It is, unless it's a bug

Joe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:33 pm 

Yes ir is :roll:, thank you very much :mrgreen2:

The thing is to disable the other CLID and PIN options, and then Auto CLID Security work perfectly.

It always ask for PIN but with incorrect callerid it will deny the PIN.

Thanks !

Hosted Voice Broadcast