provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:27 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Simultaneous callback - Campaign
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:18 am 

Hi all,

I am using the A2billing Campaign feature. It works perfects fine but I have problem with simultaneous callback.

SCENARIO:
I configure campaign and once triggerred by timecondition, calls are queued in to A2billing queue.
For example:
I configured such that camapign will sent 20 numbers as a group for every 6 seconds.
Which means
First 20calls at 12:00
Next 20 calls at 12:06.....then goes on...

But the issue is calls from the callback queue is not calling all the 20 number at the same time, it goes one after the other with irregular time duration. Mostly every 1 minute.

I don;t how to solve this issue, I want A2B to call all the 20 numbers at the same time. I use g711 codec ( not transcoding done). I couldn't get any useful info from ca2b-callback daemon log.
I believe it should be some setting issue.

Can you someone help me resolve the issue or please point me in right direction ...no idea where to start my troubleshooting

EARLIERST REPLY WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED

Thanks
/Senthil

Post subject: Re: Simultaneous callback - Campaign
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:26 am 

Hi

I found that callback daemon is acting strange when there is multiple calls queued in callback pool.

It waits for the first call to be answered/failed before processing the next call.

The reason is in a2b_callback_daemon.py file it is hardcoreded as async = false.

I don't know python, so I am not sure how to edit this is in a2b_callback-daemon and compile it again/

Can some one help me with this.

Note to Areski:
It is a bug, specially if you are using a2billing callback daemon for wholesale purpose where it is more frequent you end up in originating simultaneous callback.

Regards
Senthil
Senthil

Post subject: Re: Simultaneous callback - Campaign -SOLVED
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:14 am 

As I mentioned above, issue was with async = false.
Simultaneous calls work with a2b callback daemon after changing async = true

Regards
Senthil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:52 pm 

Have you seen any downsides to this change? If not any chance of getting it applied to the trunk as i plan on starting a callback business soon so multi callbacks are a requirement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:44 am 

I don't consider this as a bug as to my believe A2Billing has been mainly using Call-Back for WebCallBack or DID callback.
The positive point about sync callback is that we can retrieve directly if the callback has been successful.

Anyway this could be easily changed from the python daemon if you need a fast process of the callback.

Yours,
/Areski

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:15 am 

Areski,
This has my interest as my whole system will be CID-Callback and a few special ALL-Callback. Areski is it possible to change the demon to support async and still update the status or stay as sync but process more calls at once? I have not been able to really test this yet to see how much it will effect me and starting off it prob will not effect me but as my user base grows this has me worried i may not be able to process the callbacks fast enough as i will have devices on the other end of the lien that expect a callback within 10 seconds or they will try a backup callback number.

For me it is important that if i say callback in 5 seconds the callback occurs in around 5 seconds no matter how many calls my system is handling.

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:13 am 

Hi. I have set asyncs = true but callback still processing one call before start processing next call. Why ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 pm 

The change is on line 211. Just be careful because this will make the script to send ALL entries in CallBack set to PENDING at once.

Code:
               res_orig = self.inst_callback_manager.try_originate (
                                                        current_channel,
                                                        current_request.exten,
                                                        current_request.context,
                                                        current_request.priority,
                                                        current_request.timeout,
                                                        current_request.callerid,
                                                        True,
                                                        current_request.account,
                                                        current_request.application,
                                                        current_request.data,
                                                        current_request.variable)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:44 pm 

Hi,

I have set async field default value true in database. but callback still processing one call before start processing next call. How can i solve this problem. i want to set up simultanious callback for campaign.

Please help...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:44 pm 

there exists some solution to this problem?

tanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:39 am 

Callback processing one call before starts processing next call. How can i solve this problem? i want to set up multiple call processing callback in a2billing

Can some one help me with this.

Thanks
Chintan

Hosted Voice Broadcast