provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: CID-callback problem with DTMF
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:38 am 

Hi,
I have managed to get cid-callback working fine in Mexico, when calling from a movistar cell phone, however when making that same call from a telcel cell phone there is a 50% failure rate.
I have not tried the callback service with unefon yet.

The part when the number is called and then 10 seconds later the a2billing server calls back it is working fine.

The problem is when dialing a telephone number on the callback connection, I have noticed that when calling from a telcel phone some of the digits are not read well by the server, are either incorrect or missing, this does not happen when that same call is made by a movistar cell phone. The problem seems that the DTMF tones are not being transmitted properly when calling from a telcel phone.

I have tried changing in asterisk the DTMF timing with no success, also using sip instead of iax2, and the same problem occurs, also using dtmfmode=rfc2833, info, inband and also auto with no success.

This seems to be a problem with asterisk, but is there some setting in a2billing that will help in this case, or some configuration in asterisk ?

Is there any logical reason why the cid-callback would work fine with movistar and not with telcel.?

The problem is also not the physical phone, since I tried the same phone using movistar and they worked fine.

All help will be greatly appreciated.
This problem does not occur with web-callback, only cid-callback

Post subject: Re: CID-callback problem with DTMF
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:30 pm 

Hi

This could be one of two or more issues.

1. Your carrier does not allow reverse DTMF, e.g. they will allow it on an outbound call, but not an inbound call (from the perspective of your callback customer. Change carriers, or raise a trouble ticket with them.

2. The incumbent carrier for the person you are calling is tone clamping to prevent the use of callback services. We now have an IVR callback to cope with that, but obviously the trigger call does cost money.

Joe

Voice Broadcast System