Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: How to populate Paypal's payment form?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:31 pm 

Hello All,

Paypal is working fine, however the customer's information (Name, Address, email and telephone Number) is not being sent over to Paypal's payment form.

Is there a configuration option that I'm missing somewhere? It seems odd that the customer has to type in all of that information every time they want to make a payment. After all, making it simple for the end user should be the goal of every application.

Therefore, if anyone knows how to enable this feature, please share it with us. We'll all have happier customers.

Thanks,

Robin A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:00 pm 

Did you get any solutions to it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 pm 

broadbandvoice,

As you can see, there was no response to this request. It is either everyone is sending their customers through unnecessary pain or they just don't want to share.

I hope you have the solution.

Thanks,

RobinA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:17 am 

It's been a while since I tested Paypal, but when I did I found there were only two fields on the payment form: email address and password. The email address field was already populated (and uneditable) with the value from the A2B user's account.
I'm puzzled as to why you're not seeing the same results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:48 am 

The user's email address is populated if they have paypal. However if they need to use their credit card there is an option do not have paypal and when you click continue to go to the next page. The address information has to be entered from scratch. I believe is paypal forcing customers to signup for paypal account and delibrate on their part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:12 am 

I see. At the moment A2B merely collects personal details. If we supply those personal details to Paypal as card-holder details I think we may possibly come under the auspices of the PCI DSS regulations.
A2B is already known to need a fair amount of work to stand a chance of becoming PCI DSS compliant and then someone would have to sponsor A2B through the required audit. Some recent changes to trunk/v1.4 are helpful in this regard, but the job is far from complete.
Of course my understanding of the DSS may be wrong, and the act of providing the fields in question to Paypal may not incur the DSS' obligations. Any clarification on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:21 pm 

breadbandvoice,

My first thought was that Paypal was forcing customers to signup, but that has changed because I was able to take one of their buttons and populate all of the fields except card info. (number, expiration and cvv) from A2B. The update to the customer's account was lacking because I didn't do it from the confirmation form. It was just a test button. Therefore it could be done if done from the right place.

Stavros,

As usual, it's always nice to hear from you.

As far as I know (from past experience), unless you're a credit card processor, PCI DSS regulations does not apply to A2B. We do not process credit cards, that is done by Paypal or some other entity, be it MoneyBookers or Authorize.net. We merely pass on information that could be had from a phone book or even millions of sources on the internet. We do not store credit card information. If someone wants to interpret a name and address as credit card information then every eCommerce site would be in violation. Not the case here. Besides, I don't think a single customer would complain if we pass that information to the processor. If they do they should leave the planet with no forwarding address, because their name would be on the envelope.

If it's possible, and it is, so let's get it done, we'll have happier customers.

Thanks Guys,

RobinA.

Voice Broadcast System