provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:09 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Paypal 5% Comission
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:16 pm 

Hi All,
I configured my system to work with Paypal as payment method and works great after several trials. Just one only issue: I would like to charge to my customers 5% comission for Paypal use. If my customer wants to buy 20 dollars, I want Paypal charges 21 as handling fee.
I was trying to find out a way to do that on Paypal but no succes.
Any clue how to do it from A2B source code?
Thanks in advanced for your cooperation.
Regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:29 pm 

Paypal's terms and conditions make it clear that you are not permitted to pass on the charges to the customer.

Post subject: Really?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:03 pm 

I have a web site where I sell many products with "buy now" buttons and Paypal allow me to charge a handling fee. This fee is also 5%. This charge is configured straight from Paypal API. I just put the code in to my web site and that's it.
A2B has a kind of agreement with Paypal to prevent extra charges?
Why I can not do it on A2B if Paypal allow it over "buy now" buttons?
Thanks Stavros for your kindly help.
Regards,

Post subject: Re: Really?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:43 pm 

asincom wrote:
A2B has a kind of agreement with Paypal to prevent extra charges?
No. I think I may have misinterpreted Paypal's user agreement. Previously I didn't notice that the 'no surcharge' clause was applicable only to Ebay sales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 pm 

Maybe someone who is a little more legally minded may be able to cast some light on this, but section 4.6 suggests that you can levy a fee for payment processing, but it must be the same or lower than other payment methods, which to my mind means that you cannot charge the entire payment fee.

Quote:
4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:09 am 

I think Paypal's user agreement is very clear. You can not charge a comision or merge for use Paypal as Payment method, but you can charge a "handling fee" which is not a rate, is a fix charge, lower than your other handling fee charged on diferent payment methods.
In this escenario, i.e I'm able to charge US$1 for refills from 10-20-50-100 dollars.
Now, how can I teach A2B to do that?
Thanks for your help.
Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:54 am 

You can see here recent changes to v1.4 to accomplish something similar. Perhaps you can adapt it to your needs.

Post subject: Paypal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:15 am 

Are there other payment gateways besides "Paypal" that are reasonable or cheap?
Paypal seems to be having issues lately. Customers cannot process payments online.

Last edited by awoof on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:11 pm 

jroper wrote:
Maybe someone who is a little more legally minded may be able to cast some light on this, but section 4.6 suggests that you can levy a fee for payment processing, but it must be the same or lower than other payment methods, which to my mind means that you cannot charge the entire payment fee.

Quote:
4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Joe

The easiest way around this is to Charge the $21 for service and if the client wants to pay cash or creditcard (Non-Paypal) you can offer a DISCOUNT fee for those other methods.

This is perfectly legal as your price is fixed for all but you offer a discount for your "preferred" methods of payments.

Hosted Voice Broadcast