provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:50 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Expense of Paypal
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:17 pm 

Hi everyone,
I have installed A2Billing 1.7.1 and I use method payment Paypal.
But I don't know the problem of expense Paypal.

I have used Paypal's acc 1 for merchant in A2Billing, but the client buy credit 5 usd, the client has only 4.5 usd. I have read the log epayment that the gateway Paypal return the value credit 4.5 usd. Why does the credit reduces 0.5 usd ?

However, I have configured the parameter : charge_paypal_fee = no ;

If I used other Paypal's acc 2 for merchant in A2Billing (I don't change any parameter in A2Billng). The client buy credit 5 usd, and the balance in A2Billing is 5 usd.
Why is this difference ?

Thank in advance for all helps!
B.R
T.Q.T

Post subject: Re: Expense of Paypal
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:13 am 

ryan_mu wrote:
Hi everyone,

PayPal charges fees to accept money from other people. That is the main way that they make money. You can see their fees at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside, but in general, it is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD per transaction unless you are a large volume customer.

So a $5.00 transaction will result in ($5.00 x 2.9% = $0.145, plus $0.30) $0.445 in PayPal fees. If you are not in the US or not using US dollars as your base currency, you may also be charged a foreign transaction fee. So it is not unlikely to see about $4.50 for a $5.00 transaction and PayPal gets the rest. In total that's 8.9% of the total income.

If you change that to a $25.00 transaction, then the fee changes to ($25.00 x 2.9% = $0.725 plus $0.30) $1.025, which is only 4.1%, so you can see that by charging more, you lose less in PayPal fees overall.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:18 pm 

Bitnetix wrote:
ryan_mu wrote:
Hi everyone,

PayPal charges fees to accept money from other people. That is the main way that they make money. You can see their fees at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside, but in general, it is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD per transaction unless you are a large volume customer.

So a $5.00 transaction will result in ($5.00 x 2.9% = $0.145, plus $0.30) $0.445 in PayPal fees. If you are not in the US or not using US dollars as your base currency, you may also be charged a foreign transaction fee. So it is not unlikely to see about $4.50 for a $5.00 transaction and PayPal gets the rest. In total that's 8.9% of the total income.

If you change that to a $25.00 transaction, then the fee changes to ($25.00 x 2.9% = $0.725 plus $0.30) $1.025, which is only 4.1%, so you can see that by charging more, you lose less in PayPal fees overall.

Thank for your reply.
Now I can understand the Paypal free.
B.R
Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:37 pm 

Mechant Account is being used like paypal right? What are the difference?

VoIP Billing solution