Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Creating "Friends&Family" or Circle Call Plans
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:37 pm 

I am looking to create a special calling plan where subscribers are members of a special group/circle and get a special rate for calls made between member subscribers.

From what I can discern, the only way to do this is to create a F&F-Plan containing the standard rate-cards and an additional rate-card linked to a list of rates. Where each rate would contain the full destination number for a member or group of members. This could be a POSIX match, e.g. _0123(000000|000001|000002|000003) or create identical rates for each individual member. However, the dial prefix field in the rates configuration is limited to 80 characters so, depending on the size of the membership, I think multiple rates would be a necessity.

Is there a better way of doing this? What are some of the possibilities that others have tried?

Thanks,

M.B.

Post subject: Re: Creating "Friends&Family" or Circle Call Plans
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:39 pm 

Hi

You could add every number into a rate table which you would add to the call-plan, but that would mean that every customer could call anybody's family and friends at the price you set, as to whether that relates to much lost revenue compared to ease of administration.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:49 pm 

Thank you for responding. I would like to keep the membership as a closed group for possible security and privacy requirements.

What would be handly would be an additional features for rates where in addition to the POSIX translation option, is to have a translation "list" or CLID group that can be referenced. Like a translation table in a normal soft-switch (or asterisk).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:53 pm 

Hi

You might consider doing some dia-lplan in Asterisk which identifies whether this is to be a F&F call, and if so, sends the call to a different agi-conf that forces the callplan ID to a call plan and rate card you have set up with cheap prices.

Yours

Joe

Auto Dialer Software