Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: DID Billing - Recurring Services
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:21 pm 

I need some help with my recurring service for DID billing. I set up DID Groups and DIDs within those groups have a specific monthly fee. Recurring services has been set up and a cron job activated to deduct fee from card. Today I got emailed recurring service reports. What A2B did was multiply the monthly fee per DID by the number of cards the recurring service ran on and deducted that from the card balance of each card. The script ran on 8 cards so 8 card balances were deducted.

For example DID X is 9.99/month
DID Y is 10.99/month and so...

Total nr. of cards recurring service ran on was 8.

A2B did the following. 9.99 * nr. of cards (8) = 79.92
10.99*8= 87.92

It then deducted a total of 79.92+87.92= 167.84 from each card.

Each DID reoccuring service is set up;

Period: 30 days
Apply service every Y days; Y=30
Stop Mode: Account below zero
Amount of credit: $X

Could somebody assist me with this? Did I set up recurring services wrong?

Post subject: Re: DID Billing - Recurring Services
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:49 am 

I use subscriptions and DID billing to deduct credit with few problems, but I don't use 'recurring service' itself. I've just read a2billing_batch_process.php again to confirm and the code for all three is very similar.
Quote:
Today I got emailed recurring service reports. What A2B did was multiply the monthly fee per DID by the number of cards the recurring service ran on and deducted that from the card balance of each card.
Are you sure it deducted 167.84 from each card? I can't see a way it could deduct more than the service fee from each card once each time it runs. Goto Recurring Service -> List Recurring Service -> View Details; this should show all the automated deductions from each card.

Quote:
For example DID X is 9.99/month
DID Y is 10.99/month and so...
Now you're confusing me. This isn't Recurring Service; different plans for each card like this is only achievable with DID billing or subscriptions.

Quote:
Total nr. of cards recurring service ran on was 8.
A2B did the following. 9.99 * nr. of cards (8) = 79.92
10.99*8= 87.92
Now we're back to recurring service. Note that the email report gives total deductions, not per card.

Quote:
Period: 30 days
Apply service every Y days; Y=30
Stop Mode: Account below zero
Amount of credit: $X
Where did you get $X from? That's not a valid setting that I know of.
And now we find the source of the confusion; you've just caused me to read the help text again:
Quote:
Set the amount of credit to remove from the card. 0 will remove all credit from the card use -1 for DID recurrent service.
Reading the code once more I'm sorry to report the settings '0' and '-1' don't do anything special at all, and would deduct nothing and add 1 credit respectively! This help hint should probably be adjusted to match the code.
Don't try to bill your DIDs like this, use the dedicated DID billing option. It works.

Hosted Voice Broadcast