provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: DID destination based on caller ID
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:35 am 

Hello,

I am fairly new to A2Billing and as I understand, in A2Billing a customer can set a DID destination (including SIP/IAX friend). If a call comes to that DID it will always follow the destination set in the DID destination.

What I want to do is to allow customer to set specific caller IDs for specific DID. If a call comes from one of the caller IDs set by the customer then it should go to the destination set in DID destination. Otherwise the call should go to the default route in Freepbx. I also want to charge (say 1 cent/min) for this service if the call is answered by SIP/AIX friend. If for some reason SIP/IAX does not answer the call for X number of seconds, the call should go to the next destination defined in the DID destination setup. And it should be charged as rates defined in the rate card.

Here's one example scenario:
A hotel has 4 incoming DID numbers. An ATA is used in each room which is registered as SIP friend created in A2Billing. A guest can go to customer interface and enter caller IDs which s/he wants to directly ring his/her room's phone. A call coming from one of the caller IDs set by the guest (on any of the 4 DID numbers) should directly ring ATA in the room for X number of seconds. If ATA does not answer the call it should go to the next destination set in DID destination (i.e. customer's cell phone.) A call coming to these 4 DID will go to the operator or default extension (ANY DID/ANY CID destination) if there is no matching caller ID found in any of the customer caller ID setup.

I tried searching the forum but can't find the answer. I hope some one can help me with this scenario.

My setup:
Trixbox CE 2.4.2
Asterisk 1.4.17-1
FreePBX 2.3.1.3
A2Billing 1.3.2 (Release : 22 January 2008)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:25 am 

I don't think you can do that with A2Billing as it stands. To implement your requirements you'd need quite a few modifications to the database, AGI and web interface.
If your budget allows for it perhaps you might employ A2Billing themselves to implement your new features. Failing that you might consider using services such as getafreelancer or scriptlance.

Post subject: Alternate requirement
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 pm 

Thanks for your response.
I think I can use FreePBX to route calls to A2B based on the caller ID. But I am not sure how to keep A2B accouting information seperate for each customer.
As an example, I can create two Caller ID based Inbound routes (one for customer A in A2B and other for customer B in A2B.) Calls from first route will feed into A2B and cusotmer A should be charged for these Calls. And calls from second route will again feed to A2B but this time customer B should be charged. Each customer can log into A2B customer interface and see his/her charges. I know there is some manual work involved in FreePBX but I am willing to do this if I can use use A2B for each customer.
Can this be achieved? If yes, how?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:29 pm 

Create a card for each customer, choose simultaneous usage, and add each SIP client's CLI to the relevant card. Ensure you have 'cid_enable = yes' in a2billing.conf.

Post subject: Found a solution but...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:22 am 

I have found a solution here

http://forum.asterisk2billing.org/viewt ... r&start=15

but there is still a problem.

First, let me explain my setup:
In FreePBX I created an extension (i.e. 2003) and changed the DIAL parameter to local/14445556666@outbound-allroutes

Next I created an Inbound route with DID/CLI (example: 12223337777/1234567890) and set the destination to call extension 2003.

I then followed the instructions in the above-mentioned topic.

When I tested my setup by watching debug log I noticed that the system was dialing destination number 144445556666 correctly by a2billing.php. However, as soon as it connects to the destination A2B terminates AGI and the balance is not deducted from customer account.

I then tried using SIP extension in FreePBX the same destination number but this time it worked perfect. A2B kept track of length of call and properly deducted the amount from customer's account.

Does any one know what changes should I make in FreePBX or some where else to make it work?

VoIP Billing solution