Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: Discussions about CarrieXchange
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:27 am 

This topic will provide a discussion area for all CarrieXchange related issues if you use it with A2Billing. Feel free to visit the thread named CarrieX Provider Ratings by Zone for information about the providers to look for or those to avoid at all cost on CarriexChange.

Post subject: CarrierXchange Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:52 am 

Thanks Asiby!

I think this will be a big help to all of us who use CarrieX. I am definitely interested in finding out about others experiences, particularly their routing settings.

I recommend to those of you who are new to CarrieX to take time and place test calls to the Zones you are using. It is important to test all of the providers for that zone. To do this simply set that zone to Custom Routing. Then select one provider and place a test call. If that provider is good, then select another until you have tested them all. I know this sounds very cumbersome; and it is. However, this is necessary to find which providers work for your zone. Once you have tested all providers change the routing to Least Cost and de-select all the bad providers...

Please post your findings here[url=http://forum.asterisk2billing.org/viewtopic.php?t=3046] CarrieX Provider Ratings by Zone
[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:06 am 

Moved post from zone to here.

Does anyone know any good zones for Cameroon, Senegal and Gambia?

Post subject: Cameroon, Senegal and Gambia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:04 am 

I personally ave no experience with those zones. But, If no one else can help I will give you test account on my system and you can try,,,

Post subject: CarrieXchange Alternate Service
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:14 am 

I am in the process of setting up my providers etc, and I was exploring the option of using CarrieXchange. Their concept is very original, and the tools they offer are great!!!

My only concern, is the method by which they accept payment: a) Bank Wire Transfer, b) Credit Card (you must photocoy the front and back of your credit card and send it to them).

I was really not confortable with option (b), and my bank confirmed it, saying that is a security risk, and that can easily lead to identity theft or fraud.

As a result, I had decided to do a Bank Wire Transfer, however, my bank wanted to charge me $37 USD...can anyone say CRAZZZZY!!!

Anyhow, I decided to contact my CarrieX Rep to discuss the issue, and I asked if they would consider accepting Western Union, MoneyGram, PayPal, or Email Money Transfer; and she relplied no, no, no, and no. She said that it was the companies policiy.

Ok here's my beef, I cannot understand, how an online company in this day and age, would be so unwilling to embrace technology. At this rate, we may as well use carrier pigeons, messages a bottle to transfer funds. Or perhaps they are too cheap to incur any costs of accepting funds from alternate source...if that's the case, I would be wllling to pay the $1.50 for an email money tranfer, or the $10 for a wire transfer.

This brings me to the question of whether anybody knows of any alternative Service offerings similar to CarrieXchange?

Thanks,

razor

P.S. Since nobody has ever raised this issue, I assume that every one is comfortable sending their personal details (signature included) halfway across the world, to perfect strangers, and yet they don't even trust you.

Post subject: Re: CarrieXchange Alternate Service
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:42 pm 

razor wrote:
This brings me to the question of whether anybody knows of any alternative Service offerings similar to CarrieXchange?
Around 5 or 6 years ago quite a few of the folk I work with started using Arbinet, and many still do. I understand they demand a rather large deposit before you can buy/sell minutes on their trading floor. I know of one chap using Arbinet exclusively for termination from his A2B installation, with acceptable results for most destinations. Please don't take this as a recommendation; I don't deal closely enough with exchanges, carriers, routes and their performance to be in a position to make a recommendation.

As with any outfit of this type, performance is going to be very variable. You can't expect all 300 carriers and their associated routes to be working all the time or to be correctly configured across all their gateways. In the older, darker days of VoIP it wasn't uncommon to find the 'carrier' didn't know anything about telecoms, VoIP or IP, they had just paid someone to set it up. Some say little has changed. :cry:

Personally, I like the sound of Joe's recent proposal. An ASR of 93% certainly sounds promising, and those rates look very keen. Buying in bulk gives the added advantage that your voice carries some weight should a support request to the carrier become necessary; carriers with a large number of smaller clients can rarely be enticed to reply to support queries even when there's an obvious fault.

From private messages I've received I've become aware of a commonly held misconception about me, so let me briefly say: I am not affiliated with A2B in any way. I'm just a contributor to the community (and the only donor so far this year, but that's between you and your consciences). I won't profit from Joe's arrangement, or your donations.
Quote:
P.S. Since nobody has ever raised this issue, I assume that every one is comfortable sending their personal details (signature included) halfway across the world, to perfect strangers, and yet they don't even trust you.
A couple of days ago graher01 and asiby voiced their concerns about a similar procedure at voicetrading.

Post subject: Re: CarrieXchange Alternate Service
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:34 pm 

stavros wrote:
From private messages I've received I've become aware of a commonly held misconception about me, so let me briefly say: I am not affiliated with A2B in any way. I'm just a contributor to the community (and the only donor so far this year, but that's between you and your consciences). I won't profit from Joe's arrangement, or your donations.
[

Thanks for the reminder, I just hit the "Donate" button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:56 pm 

Quote:
A couple of days ago graher01 and asiby voiced their concerns about a similar procedure at voicetrading.

My bad, I must have missed that one. I think that the idea that jroper's idea is an excellent one. Has there been any progress made on that front?

I certainly plan on donating to A2B, however, I would like to generate a little bit of revenue first :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:29 am 

Does anyone have an issue of getting silence (could be as long as 20 seconds) before connecting when using Carriex? I'm afraid the customer will hang up before it is connected. Is there a way to get away with this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:55 am 

We do. We have also noticed that during that silence, if the caller talk or make any noise, it makes it possible to hear the phone ringing. But as soon as he stops making sounds, the silence comes back. I am not sure about the cause of that behavior. My guess is that it is being caused by comfort noise feature not being complete in asterisk. The following message suggest that:
Code:
Comfort noise support incomplete in Asterisk (RFC 3389). Please turn off on client if possible.

Another possibility is that if you are using G729 with the codec_g729a.so file, then the silence suppression feature will not be available. Not sure about the other version of g729.

It's a really annoying issue. At first, I through that is was due to my firewall settings causing the firewall to try to block incoming RTP (ring) unless it is directly related to an outgoing RTP (my voice) but that doesn't make any sense. Cause after the ringing period, the voice quality is pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:04 am 

asiby wrote:
if the caller talk or make any noise, it makes it possible to hear the phone ringing. But as soon as he stops making sounds, the silence comes back.
You were close with your guess of comfort noise. I'm pretty sure VAD/DTX (Voice Activity Detection/Discontinuous Transmission) is the culprit. Asterisk is structured in a way that means it only sends a packet of RTP when it receives one. As you have found this interacts badly with DTX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:13 am 

Is there any workaround? I was having a crazy idea of having an application that would be available to the dialplan and that could play a very low level non audible frequency throughout the lifetime of a channel. That will sure keep the RTP happy. Maybe the Background() application can do the trick. Right? Desperate situations call for desperate measures. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:17 am 

I'm not sure. Perhaps the generic jitter buffer in Asterisk v1.4 might have an impact on this, or maybe even deeper changes in v1.6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:59 am 

Ok. How about sort of faking the ring tone. I explain. First of all, I will not use the 'r' option or the dial command, but look at what the 'm' command does
Code:
m: Provide Music on Hold to the calling party until the called channel answers. This is mutually exclusive with option 'r', obviously. Use m(class) to specify a class for the music on hold.

But the music on hold does not have to be real music. If can be a ring tone playing in loop. As soon as the call will be answered, the music on hold will stop and nobody will notice what was happening. :lol:

Does that make any sense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:02 am 

That sounds like it might work. Good thinking. :clap2:
It might get a little messy if the call fails to busy, a problem common to all fake alerting.

VoIP Billing solution