provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: Billing
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:06 pm 

Hi,

I want to know if is possible to give to my customers the first 6 seconds of everery call for free, and start billing from the 7th second. If is possible, how can I do it?

Best regards,

Post subject: Re: Billing
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:02 pm 

I haven't try this myself, but you if you have version chameleon installed and enabled the advance mode for the a2billing.conf

; Advanced mode - Display additional configuration option on the ratecard (progressive rates, musiconhold, ...)
advanced_mode = YES

you should be able to put the 1st 6 second for usd0 (free) ...

razametal wrote:
Hi,

I want to know if is possible to give to my customers the first 6 seconds of everery call for free, and start billing from the 7th second. If is possible, how can I do it?

Best regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:31 pm 

Code:
Below we have the section to create progressive rates. Progressive rate aims to bill the customer at various rates according the duration of the call. For instance you can define that you can to bill the customer 0.33dollars for the first 2 minutes and then you want to bill him 0.45dollars for the rest of the call.

:shock: Any one have an example?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:53 pm 

Hi again,

I'm trying to set up the rates with advanced option enabled in a2billing.conf, this is the configuration that I have:

Code:
ratecardr   : myratecard
dialprefix   : 09
destination : mobile

Buying rate              : 0.16
Buyrate min duration: 30
Buyrate billing clock  : 6

Selling rate               : 0.25
Sellrate min duration : 0
Sellrate billing clock   : 0
Connect charge         : 0
Disconnect charge     : 0

Stepcharge A: 0
Charge A      : 0
Timecharge A: 6
Billing block A: 6

Stepcharge B: 0
Charge B      : 0.25
Timecharge B: 54
Billing block B: 6

Stepcharge C: 0
Charge C      : 0
Timecharge C: 0
Billing block C: 6

I suposse that the first 6 seconds bill billed as US$0,00 and from the 6th second bill US$0.25 with an billing increment of 6 seconds, but is not working. The first 2 seconds are billed as 0.025 the 3 seconds at 0.013.

Maybe my config is not good and need extra parameters. Can you suggest something to do with these parameters?

Basically I need to bill 0 from 1st to 6th seconds, and billing 0.25 from the 7th minute.

Best regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:35 pm 

Hi,
I am facing exactly the same problem and the results
i get are all over the place....has anyone managed what
the original poster is asking ?
If yes, what is wrong in the configs given above ?

I read in another post that if you are using the progressives,
there is no need to set the "initial rate". If i set initial rate to
0 i get message saying you can not complete that call.

If things are broken, please someone let us know so that we
stop trying and help to fix them instead.

Thanks.

Post subject: It works - Sort of
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:02 am 

I briefly looked at the code and I see that step charges are applied if both chargea and timechargea > 0:

// IF FLAT RATE
if (empty($chargea) || $chargea==0 || empty($timechargea) || $timechargea==0 ){

*** some code
// IF PROGRESSIVE RATE
}else{
*** more code
}

So, if you want to bill your customers only after the first 6 seconds, you'd have to still charge them something for it by setting timechargea=6 and chargea=0.00001 (some really small number).

I have tested this to bill clients per minutes if and only if the call as gone over 1 minutes. Note that I want to charge them for the first minute anyways if the call has gone over that one minute. Here are my notes:

initblock, billingblock, connectcharge, disconnectcharge, stepchargea=0
chargea=0.0001 (very small number)
timechargea=60 (meaning for the first 60 seconds, charge nothing -- or rather the very small number above)
billingblocka=0 (no blocks... we'll exit once timecharegea is done)
stepchargeb, chargeb = $ of what to charge per minute
timechargeb = 99999 (maximum call duration anticipated - we don't want to go into chargec)
billingblockb = 60 - billing blocks for this cycle.

This works however - it seems like the IVR indicating the maximum available call duration is messed up. My test with $25.87 and a per minute charge of $0.03 yields max available call duration of 90 seconds.

The debug output shows:
Dec 24 00:32:30 hostname php: file:Class.A2Billing.php - line:761 - TIMEOUT::> 5400 : minutes=90 - seconds=0

I haven't had time to determine where it's messing up it's calculations. If someone has time, you should look at Class.RateEngine.php and perhaps Class.A2Billing.php

I obviously can't turn this on until the IVR (and potentially the actual call duration) is resolved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:08 am 

I'm guessing you're also running with rateinitial=0 (or 'selling rate' as its known in the GUI). If so, I think this config option may be responsible:
Code:
; For free calls, limit the duration: amount in seconds
maxtime_tocall_negatif_free_route = 5400

Post subject: Re: It works - Sort of
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:11 am 

emike wrote:
I briefly looked at the code and I see that step charges are applied if both chargea and timechargea > 0:

// IF FLAT RATE
if (empty($chargea) || $chargea==0 || empty($timechargea) || $timechargea==0 ){

*** some code
// IF PROGRESSIVE RATE
}else{
*** more code
}

So, if you want to bill your customers only after the first 6 seconds, you'd have to still charge them something for it by setting timechargea=6 and chargea=0.00001 (some really small number).

I have tested this to bill clients per minutes if and only if the call as gone over 1 minutes. Note that I want to charge them for the first minute anyways if the call has gone over that one minute. Here are my notes:

initblock, billingblock, connectcharge, disconnectcharge, stepchargea=0
chargea=0.0001 (very small number)
timechargea=60 (meaning for the first 60 seconds, charge nothing -- or rather the very small number above)
billingblocka=0 (no blocks... we'll exit once timecharegea is done)
stepchargeb, chargeb = $ of what to charge per minute
timechargeb = 99999 (maximum call duration anticipated - we don't want to go into chargec)
billingblockb = 60 - billing blocks for this cycle.

This works however - it seems like the IVR indicating the maximum available call duration is messed up. My test with $25.87 and a per minute charge of $0.03 yields max available call duration of 90 seconds.

The debug output shows:
Dec 24 00:32:30 hostname php: file:Class.A2Billing.php - line:761 - TIMEOUT::> 5400 : minutes=90 - seconds=0

I haven't had time to determine where it's messing up it's calculations. If someone has time, you should look at Class.RateEngine.php and perhaps Class.A2Billing.php

I obviously can't turn this on until the IVR (and potentially the actual call duration) is resolved.

i tried to change timechargea and chargea as you mentioned but no effect (i changed them in : class.RateEngine.php)

any idea to start counting after some seconds?

Predictive Dialer