Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: CRM Integration with Asterisk2Billing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:07 pm 

One thing seeming to be sincerely lacking in A2Billing, which has us questioning whether or not to adopt, is the unclear CRM option.

They are several open source CRM packages (such as Sugar CRM) which could possibly work with a2billing. A package like this, if tightly integrated could certainly improve the Customer Service side of the business. It is wasteful (time wise) to have to enter customers in a2billing, then setup them up manually again in the support/CRM software, isnt it???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:15 pm 

Here is a thought. I am not sure if it will work, but it is worth a try. Let's say that you wish to us Sugar CRM. There must be some ways of creating a one way link/query to pull customer data from a2billing in a single click and insert or update the customer list in Sugar CRM. The same approach can be used for many other softwares.

Post subject: How bout this?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:13 am 

Asiby,

I guess it is easier to think simple; we the human species often have a way of complicating matters, don't we?

As a matter of fact, Sugar CRM accepts data from several accounting packages once they have been exported to excel files. I think it works with text-based, comma delimited files as well. In fact, we have imported from Quickbooks our customer data and contact information this way.

While i'm not very good at this particularly, maybe once we have an example of an export form one such of these accounting programs we can have a script of sorts execute the necessary SQL query(s) to populate the text-based/excel file in a manner that mimmicks one of these popular accounting programs. :idea: ??

What do you think? If you'd like I can possibly provide a sample if it would help anyone write the scripts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:39 am 

Good idea luke802

We can use that conduit to imort A2Billing data in CRM. We will simply have to find out more about the format of the data file to be imported in CRM. That can be possibly found in Sugar CRM developer resources. Can you to some research on that cause I have so little time to spare, but I will do my best to make it happen if it is possible. 8)

Cheers

A$iby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:47 am 

Indeed. I will hit up the developer resources, but it may be just as easy for me to peep at the existing customer data we just exported :wink:

I'll get back to you in a couple days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:02 am 

I couldn't resist. I have managed to spare a few minutes and here is what I got: http://www.sugarcrm.com/docs/User_Guides/OpenSource_UserGuide_4.5.1b/ImportExport.6.2.html.

As luke802 said it so well, we were to complicate something that was really simple (humans). This does not even require development. A custom CSV coming from any software should do.

Quote:

You can import data from Excel files, CRM systems, and Contact Managers into Sugar Suite. When you import data, you will need to map fields that you are importing with fields that exist in the Sugar database. For example, to map the first and last names of contacts that you import into sugar, these fields must exist in the Sugar database. If not, you will need to create these custom fields in Sugar Suite before you import the data.
You can import the following:

• Accounts: Salesforce.com, ACT!2005, custom comma delimited files, and custom tab delimited files.

• Contacts: Salesforce.com, Microsoft Outlook, ACT!2005, custom comma delimited files, and custom tab delimited files.

• Leads: Salesforce.com, comma delimited files, custom delimited files, and custom tab delimited files.

• Opportunities: Salesforce.com, comma delimited files, tab delimited files, and custom delimited files.

• Targets: Custom comma delimited files, tab delimited files, and custom tab delimited files.

• Notes: Salesforce.com, comma delimited files, tab delimited files, and custom tab delimited files.

I guess that all we need to do is to include the fields names in the CSV and to be carefull while mapping them with Sugar CRM fields.

Cheers

Added after 2 minutes:

Basically, one can do an import every day or so. It shouldn't be that. The process will be made fast as soon as someone will create an A2Billing module for Sugar CRM.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:23 am 

Well look at that. I was talking with experience from our work with Sugar over a year ago, looks like things are easier now!

The only thing which may be interesting, what happens to existing customer data once you re-import them? I recall their being a problem with duplicates under the old system :?

Maybe if we did use a script to manage it we can have it recall the last time it was run? Or have it poll the SQL server to find the last time the queries were run and only pull data since that date? I dunno, I am just spewing ideas at the moment!

Thanks for being so quick asiby! What do you think of the above?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:47 am 

Hi

It'd be much nicer to do this with vtiger, given their licensing model, and the fact that most of the addon modules, such as invoicing, are GPL'd.

Yours

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:01 am 

Did anyone get to experiment with VTiger? I spoke with one of their developers and he says VTiger cannot pull information from A2billing because it has a seperate schema and we have to duplicate the database in order to do that and synchronize it always.

I hope there is a better way to do this. Any comments. This will be great if integrated with A2billing for customer support and sales force tracking.

Post subject: VT Integration
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:09 am 

I have contracted a company to help me integrate VTiger and A2billing, can someone show me where the relevant tables are. It looks like /A2Billing_UI/Public/A2B_entity_card.php will hold most of the information.

Is anyone else interested in this project. This will be for customer support and sales force tracking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:48 pm 

Need help, brain storming ideas.

Customer support staff will be using vTiger to enter a caller ID number to pull up clients' personal data.

At the moment, clients' data are stored in A2Billing's database (MySQL)

These data will have to be shared, ie VTiger will use existing database of A2billing.

The sequence is as follows:
1) Admin creates agents (Agent1, Agent2... etc)

2) Admin can assign customers to agents (manually)

3) Customers can be assigned to agents automatically if customers enter the agent's ID while registering on the site

4) Agents can log in and view the list of their customers and the sales these customers generated per month

5) Admin will manually release commissions due to agents based on their gross sales

6) Customer support can use Caller ID List to pull username, password and address information.

Post subject: Re: CRM Integration with Asterisk2Billing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 am 

Interesting. A2Billing is a class 4 and class 5 softswitch with inline billing, designed for providing residential, business and wholesale VoIP services, calling cards, call-back and telephone number resale backed by our professional support services. It's integration with CRM results in a useful software for business that innovates the manner in which contacts and billing information are managed.

VoIP Billing solution