Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: New users get CardNum and Pass, but not Alias. Cant login.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 am 

Whenever a user uses the signup form, they get a confirmation page displaying the Card Number and the Web Login password. However, they can't login to the site with those credentials. They have to login with the Card Alias, which is not given to them on the page or via email. I have to manually copy their card number to their card alias so they can login.

Can we have it so they can set their "alias" or web userid, on the signup form? Then they have a Card Number, a web login (alias), and a web password. And is the alias all digits, or can it be alphanumeric?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:50 am 

here a little patch to be able to send the cardalias through the signup module.
Rgds, Areski

Index: trunk/A2Billing_UI/signup/signup_confirmation.php
===================================================================
--- trunk/A2Billing_UI/signup/signup_confirmation.php (revision 293)
+++ trunk/A2Billing_UI/signup/signup_confirmation.php (working copy)
@@ -32,7 +32,7 @@

- $QUERY = "SELECT username, lastname, firstname, email, uipass, credit FROM cc_card WHERE username='".$_SESSION["cardnumber_signup"]."' ";
+ $QUERY = "SELECT username, lastname, firstname, email, uipass, credit, useralias FROM cc_card WHERE username='".$_SESSION["cardnumber_signup"]."' ";

$res = $DBHandle -> query($QUERY);
$num = $DBHandle -> num_rows();
@@ -50,15 +50,16 @@

$messagetext = $keepmessagetext;

- list($username, $lastname, $firstname, $email, $uipass, $credit) = $recordset;
+ list($username, $lastname, $firstname, $email, $uipass, $credit, $cardalias) = $recordset;

- if ($FG_DEBUG == 1) echo "
# $username, $lastname, $firstname, $email, $uipass, $credit #
";
+ if ($FG_DEBUG == 1) echo "
# $username, $lastname, $firstname, $email, $uipass, $credit, $cardalias #
";

$messagetext = str_replace('$name', $lastname, $messagetext);
//$message = str_replace('$username', $form->getValue('username'), $messagetext);
$messagetext = str_replace('$card_gen', $username, $messagetext);
$messagetext = str_replace('$password', $uipass, $messagetext);
+ $messagetext = str_replace('$cardalias', $cardalias, $messagetext);

/*
$mail = new phpmailer();
Index: trunk/A2Billing_UI/Public/frontoffice_data/CC_var_mailtemplate.inc
===================================================================
--- trunk/A2Billing_UI/Public/frontoffice_data/CC_var_mailtemplate.inc (revision 293)
+++ trunk/A2Billing_UI/Public/frontoffice_data/CC_var_mailtemplate.inc (working copy)
@@ -340,7 +340,7 @@
$FG_BUTTON_ADITION_SRC = "../Images/cormfirmboton.gif";

-$FG_BUTTON_ADITION_BOTTOM_TEXT = "Some \$tag will be automatically replaced from the mail template at the sending time. So you can define those tag inside the template text in order to adapt the mail to your needs. The replaceable tag are : \$name; \$card_gen; \$password ";
+$FG_BUTTON_ADITION_BOTTOM_TEXT = "Some \$tag will be automatically replaced from the mail template at the sending time. So you can define those tag inside the template text in order to adapt the mail to your needs. The replaceable tag are : \$name; \$card_gen; \$password ; \$cardalias ";

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:57 pm 

Thank you very much! Although the patch didn't apply so smoothly, I just did it manually and now the confirmation email has the $cardalias variable and it works great.

Question though, can users be allowed to set/customize their card alias? And can it contain alpha-numeric characters?

Or maybe, for now, whenever a user signs up, the card alias is set the same as the card number, instead of both being random?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:39 am 

Hi Glitchsys, please could you help out. How do you offer new users a webpage to signup or edit their personal details, what is the url and to which file?, did you have to customise this file or write a new one, etc. Would be grateful if you could share the codes you used.
Roger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:03 am 

Signup scripts are already provided with A2Billing, in the admin tarball. The one designed for admins to login to administer the system, in there is a directory called "signup" and that's the one I used.

However, I've made some extensive modifications to my web interface, including moving the signup/ section into the user section, as I've password protected my whole admin section. I also had to move the paypal/ section out of the admin section into the user section, to avoid the password protection. This made library's and such a real pain, symbolic links and such.

In general, just look for your "signup" directory in the admin UI section. It should pretty much function out of the box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:36 am 

Hi ,glitchsys

How to config the system to make email function work ?
Thanks

Post subject: Sendmail/QMail or SSMTP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:01 am 

You're signup works but the confirmation email doesn't go out? It uses sendmail, your sendmail has to be in /usr/sbin/sendmail

Or if you use qmail, /var/qmail/bin/sendmail

If you don't have qmail or sendmail working, look into a simple program called ssmtp, it emulates "sendmail" but then passes it straight to an SMTP server, could use your ISP's smtp mail server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:01 am 

Thanks a bunch Glitchsys, will give it a go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:29 pm 

Yup !, the patch did'nt work first time. Still got my head down on it. Before I started this, I knew nothing of programming, now, it's not so bad, still tough though. Just makes me appreciate the genius of Areski and co even more. At this pace, I might even soon start helping out, watch this space!!

Post subject: alias number
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:08 pm 
I wish areski made alias for username rather then number.

it would make customer life lot easier.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:05 am 

I agree, what most people need, its only _one_ login and _one_ password - for all: for sip\iax\cards(its can be as numeric passwd)\web login. i think it's possible to make just one pair: login and passwd for all or i'm wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:22 am 

Hi, does admin supposed to receive a copy of new user info when new user signs up???
I just renamed my folders, and i don't remember if i supposed to get any kind of email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:28 pm 

I wish Areski used username to login .. rather then numbers. Users complain why they have to remember 15 numbers just to login. Anybody has any patch to work around this?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:40 pm 

you can change the cardalias (which is what they use to login) to something like their "telephone number" they always know that

Post subject: Send cardalias instead of card number in signup confirmation
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:22 pm 

Hello,

Can any body help me explaning how to apply the patch provided by Areski?
I am using Version 1.2.3 (BrainCoral) - Release : 13 August 2006. I have never installed a patch before. I tried to replace manually parts of the patch in signup_confirmation.php but it did not work. I received error "function num_rows() not defined"
On the other hand, I can not find the frontoffice_data directory in the public folder.

/A2Billing_UI/Public/frontoffice_data/CC_var_mailtemplate.inc

Does anyone have the signup_confirmation_php file already patched they can post.
I will really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
Antonio

VoIP Billing solution