provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: SMS billing ?
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:46 pm 

Hello,
I would like to be able to send SMS from a2billing and also remote clients, possibly via SIP protocol.

What would be the best way to integrate SMS billing and dispatching of SMS to an SMS gateway into A2Billing, so that also tariffs for SMS can be stored in a similar way as call tariffs ?

Thank for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:26 am 

Hi,
While doing SMS over SIP is an entirely different issue, you could do SMS by different SMS providers. You can have a look at bayham systems or voicetrading, who provide SMS.

For a SMS billing integration, you will essentially need the following modules .
ADMIN PANEL:
1.A ratetable consisting
- PriceList (BuyRate) per SMS for all destinations
- SellRate
2. LCR algo if you have preferential rates for some destinations or more than one SMS provider.

CUSTOMER PANEL:
1. Send SMS thru php-Curl.
2. Log the SMS.
3. Create a script to trap incoming delivery request and append the status form it to the Sent-SMS status field .

cheers!!
ashutosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:33 pm 

I had also some thoughts about it lately and it will be interesting to see SMS on a2billing and certainly not too hard!
In the same way, we do Voip routing we will need a LCR/LCD system that will find the best rates through the providers defined in the system!

It will be fairly as the rate engine we have for Voip in a much more simpler approach of course! Destination, prefix, selling rate, buy rate...

Important, we will need an new API so that you can resell your SMS system to some other users without the need of connecting through the Customer interface and the Customer interface itself will have to use in back end this API to push the SMS.

SmsDR (SMS detail report), I just made it up :-)
will need to be added with status of each sending SMS, well VoiceTrading SMS report always send me failure even if in most cases the SMS is sent correctly.

That was for the quick thoughts!

Who will get the labor done and add this to the trunk ???

Cheers,
/Areski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:06 pm 

areski wrote:
Who will get the labor done and add this to the trunk ???

C'mon Areski, not in the trunk ;) ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:42 pm 

we can always detach it when we want to release 1.4

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:56 pm 

Hi,

Also the only remaining billing to do would be fax-billing.
This will include
-send fax for billing for per page rate for destination.
-Receive fax using DID. Right now DID can be forwarded to SIP destn and PSTN only. Another item will be added in "add destination" called "make fax did". Also, we can enable incoming did agi code to detect for fax and jump to appropriate dialplan prio using rxfax blah blah.

Voice+SMS+Fax billing!!! Something digium or trix would be looking to acquire. no ? :?

cheers!!
ashutosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:30 pm 

Hey - whatever happened on this? I think it sounds great. I see on the softphone Wengophone that they even have an option for send SMS message. I think it'd be pretty cool add-on.

Post subject: A2B-FAX
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:45 pm 

krzykat wrote:
Hey - whatever happened on this? I think it sounds great. I see on the softphone Wengophone that they even have an option for send SMS message. I think it'd be pretty cool add-on.

I got fax working in my system via DID with little modification.
I defined another call type called 'Fax line'. So when you select the DID call type you use it for incoming fax. In the a2billing.php then I create another function that handle the incoming fax and billing. The only drawback is I have a rate define in the config file but not per page. In my case all the DIDs are passed to a2billing.php. then I read DID from the database to know the function of a particular DID. With this you can assign any DID for anything without looking to the config file. Incoming fax are converted to pdf and email to the customer.
I figure out that having outgoing fax doesnt make sense because there is email every where. ofcourse I have working outgoing fax but disabled.

Post subject: Re: A2B-FAX
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:24 pm 

maoworld wrote:
krzykat wrote:

I got fax working in my system via DID with little modification.
I defined another call type called 'Fax line'. So when you select the DID call type you use it for incoming fax. In the a2billing.php then I create another function that handle the incoming fax and billing. The only drawback is I have a rate define in the config file but not per page. In my case all the DIDs are passed to a2billing.php. then I read DID from the database to know the function of a particular DID. With this you can assign any DID for anything without looking to the config file. Incoming fax are converted to pdf and email to the customer.
I figure out that having outgoing fax doesnt make sense because there is email every where. ofcourse I have working outgoing fax but disabled.

Would u like to share your mod? I know that alot of people would like to know as well.
Thanks in advance!

VoIP Billing solution