Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: The ChipIn Project
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:30 pm 

Good morning everyone. The chip in project caught my eye the other day as I came in the forum. I did not see it anywhere else in the post. Maybe I was not looking for it and maybe it's not my place to bring this issue up but I also thought that being part of the forum I could talk about it a bit.

What has really cought my attention is the fact that only $345.00 have been colected so far.

When there is a post about a provider we get 5 pages of interested users and the same happens when there is a new version out and yet again when people want to know how to upgrade to the new version including me ofcourse. Yet, I see only 9 people have steped up to the plate.

I wonder if each one of us has realized how sweet this little program is regardless of whether you are making money or not and I know this are diffucult times yet we find the way to upgrade a computer or new hardware etc. What good will our computers be without Asterisk2Billing. Even if you are still testing, you are testing because someone had the vision of creating something like this and went on to make it open source for all of us to enjoy it and down the line profit from it. Have you ever thought how much it would cost anyone of us if we wanted to get into this busines, just to get started?. Some of us couldn't.

I did not do my homework completly so I dont know how many members we have but say we get 100 members together at $25.00 that pushes the total to over $2000.00 counting on the paypal deductions. And what if we could do this once a month or some of us once every two months?

If I came across as putting someone down I apologyse it is not my intension on the contrary is trying to get all us upbeat about something really exciting and in the future instead of having to pay for a bounty I'm sure it will come all by itself.

So, lets go friends, lets get together keep this project going. No one has asked for anything this is voluntary but, doesn't it feel good when you see a new and better version coming? what will it bring? Come on ChipIn.

Thank you. Your friend ladca2003.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:55 pm 

Great words, I really appreciate your post and the fact that you bring forward our contribution issues!
A project as A2Billing is built for a community that will either save money or making business, I am always impress by the few activity upon the donation.

I am very grateful to those that have been contributed until now, this helps as it allow us to spend more time coding and fixing bugs.

I will invite the other to join the effort and sponsor us to make this soft better.
Go go go & Chipin please ;-)

Yours, /Areski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:12 pm 

You are welcome. Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:27 pm 

Nice post fellows. I would like to add my 2 cents. I have notice something and I am guessing that it must be the case for must of us. It is not uncommon to have more DID numbers than we really need. These extra DIDs are being payed for basically sitting there and rotting. If this is true for you, than why don't you put that "extra" money that you can obviously afford to good use? Release the extra DIDs and Chip In here.

Unless you resell DID numbers, even 1 month spent without using your DID as an active access number or customer DID is wasted money.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:46 am 

i would like to offer my help too.

means: i want to "chip in" 5% of the "earnings" generated by users from the forum that are using us as "trunk" ... every month!

see post :

http://forum.asterisk2billing.org/viewtopic.php?t=3888

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:58 am 

Well I made my donation. Not much but still better then nothing.
I am not making any money with a2Billing using it more to play around and for a few friends, but the time I would have spent without a2billing is worth much more then I could donate.
Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:12 pm 

Thanks for the help !!!

/Areski

Post subject: Cant get the Donation to work?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:00 am 

I wanted to make a donation, but the link wouldnt take my paypal credentials?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:03 am 

I have just verified the link and it is working for me. It must have been a temporary problem or a browser related problem. I was using Mozilla Firefox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:47 pm 

Hi,
you can always send your donation to : [email protected]
with paypal & moneybookers

Yours,
/Areski

Post subject: Got it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:32 pm 

I went ahead and sent a donation for the total profit we have made in the first month, not a ton, but every little bit helps!

Hosted Voice Broadcast