Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Migrating to 1.4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:33 pm 

Hi, i am triying to migrate to 1.4 (trunk) it looks really fine.

at the moment I have several problems :-)

Database migration:

The database migration script had two problems. one of the, my admin user is no root, so it didnt crypted the password (ths one was easy..)

The Prefix table update, crashed with a regexp error due to a route starting with "*" (an old test in my system)

The call records are not properly migrated.... they dont show destination (they say always 0), 'dnid' nor cardnumber used.

i have tried to signup a customer and all went fine... but the sip friend seems is messed....

The offending fields and values are:

TYPE= FRIEND (UPPERCASSE)
AMAFLAGS=FRIEND_
NAT= FRI
DTMFMODE=FRIEND_
QUALIFY=FRIEND_
ALLOW=FRIEND_ALLOW
HOST=FRIEND_HOST
CONTEXT=FRIEND_CONTEXT

In the past i changed things in my agi and dont know if i can do that things in 1.4 without "patching"....

The first is to dial spanish numbers by length... In spain, we do not dial the prefix 34.... simply 6xxxxxxxx (mobile network) or 9xxxxxxxx /8xxxxxxxx (fixed network).

can it be acomplished without patching the code? it is really dificult to explain the customers they have to dial the prefix.....

The other change was to send tones instead of the a2billing sounds. Traditional PBX systems hooked up with ATAs, didnt understand the voice messages and need tones to hang the line. is this possible?

thanks in advance and thank you very much for a2billing.

if i can help you programming something or testing something let me know.

Post subject: Re: Migrating to 1.4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:30 pm 

rampa wrote:
The Prefix table update, crashed with a regexp error due to a route starting with "*" (an old test in my system)
This sounds like it is caused by my regular expression dialprefix code. It is impossible to add a route with a '*' or a '#' in it from the A2B GUI, so I don't feel too bad about this bug. I'm not sure exactly what's causing it though. Could you send me the error message via PM please.
Quote:
can it be acomplished without patching the code? it is really dificult to explain the customers they have to dial the prefix.....
Sure, you can do this in v1.3 too without patching anything. Create a new trunk, identical to your main trunk except that it adds prefix '34'. Add your local dialplan numbers to a ratecard and set their 'trunk' field to use your newly created trunk.

Quote:
The other change was to send tones instead of the a2billing sounds. Traditional PBX systems hooked up with ATAs, didnt understand the voice messages and need tones to hang the line. is this possible?
Replace the offending prompts with recordings of the tones you'd rather send.
As for all your other issues... I'm not sure. I've hardly used v1.4 myself. You should search the bug-tracker for similar tickets, or open a new one if you're sure the problem is reproduceable.

Post subject: Re: Migrating to 1.4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:49 pm 

Quote:
Sure, you can do this in v1.3 too without patching anything. Create a new trunk, identical to your main trunk except that it adds prefix '34'. Add your local dialplan numbers to a ratecard and set their 'trunk' field to use your newly created trunk.

yes, but then how to differenciate a mobile (example 610xxxxxx) from a Australian number? or a 965 (alicante, spain) from kuwait?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:09 am 

Yes, there-in lies the rub.
In the UK we use a leading '0' to indicate a national call, so this isn't a problem. With the exception of the US (and other territories within the NANPA dial-plan) I thought this was a global standard, or at least a European standard.
Perhaps you might insist your customers use an international prefix (such as 00, or 011) to reach their international destinations?
Whatever happens, it's not easy to have it both ways in v1.3. In v1.4 you should be able to use the regular-expression dial prefixes to present the dial-plan to which your customers are accustomed, although there may still be unresolvable ambiguities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:15 am 

in my agi i stuffed that and it works fine... not very elegant but i think there is no international numbers of 9 digits :-)

Code:
     $A2B->dnid = $agi->request['agi_extension'];
      if (strlen($A2B->dnid)== 9)
      {
      $A2B->dnid="34".$A2B->dnid;
      }

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:44 am 

I think there are probably more than you realise. There are quite a few 8-digit numbers in E.164 space too. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:29 am 

Hi

Spain should not be too difficult, as all numbers worth dialling start with a 9 followed by 8 digits, an 8 followed by 8 digits or a 6 followed by 8 digits. So you should be able to be reasonably granualar in dialling thes destinations.

The leading 0 we use in the UK, is quite peculiar to the UK in my understanding.

Joe

VoIP Billing solution