It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:57 am 

mmm, Egypt?
have you seen this page??
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... es-outside

if the cliet is from Egypt, he can't pay by Paypal..is better for you to make add funds manually, and confirm the fund added by phone to their Paypal account's number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:31 am 

to stop fraud you can simply stop to use the paypal and switch to moneybookers (for example) :greedy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:03 pm 

anest wrote:
to stop fraud you can simply stop to use the paypal and switch to moneybookers (for example) :greedy:

If I am correct, moneybookers does not have the large customer base as paypal. Marketing research shows a significant profit increase when more common payment methods are offered and the more user friendly a web base site is for new signups. This research also shows the extra revenue generated from this generally is greater than the loss from fraudsters.

Simply put, in the telephony world clients are the most important part of your business. Without them you have nothing. With this in mind do whatever it takes to get clients. Once you have a client signed up using your service and knowing you yourself is not a scammer, you can than you can then demand more of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:24 am 

Never accept Paypal!! I got 200 USD charged back after 80 days. Yes, even after 80 days! How can you do business with such Payment service? Moneybookers is fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:37 am 

What was the reason for your chargeback? Was it a stolen CC / paypal account? As I think that using some smart techniques you can smell out fraud, but there should be better methods.

One thing I've found is that people pulling fraud will sign up and first time do a MAX deposit that you allow. That's just a BIG RED FLAG. Why does someone sign up for say $100 when they've never used your service before.

At least that's how I think :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:55 pm 

krzykat wrote:
What was the reason for your chargeback? Was it a stolen CC / paypal account? As I think that using some smart techniques you can smell out fraud, but there should be better methods.

One thing I've found is that people pulling fraud will sign up and first time do a MAX deposit that you allow. That's just a BIG RED FLAG. Why does someone sign up for say $100 when they've never used your service before.

At least that's how I think :roll:

It was a stolen CC. I think almost all banks give its customer 90 days to complain a transaction. Thats why!

For VoIP business it is still acceptable since the amount is not big (lets say 5 or 20 USD) but if you sell server, host (12 months charge) and other e-products, it hurts!

Paypal protect Buyer but is really lame for Seller. Moneybookers accepts VISA and other CC too, so I think it's worth a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:00 pm 

what about google checkout? I am pretty sure someone using A2B has setup using them, and they appear to charge less than paypal.

Paypal just sucks all the way around, they suck for buyers as well as sellers. I'm convinced they don't care about either, just how can they suck more money. But unfortunately its a necessary evil for most all of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:27 am 

Does A2B support Google Checkout yet?
That can been an option if so. Also In Canada, Interac Online is another payment processor that should be considered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:58 am 

Check this post that I have just made about Interac online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:57 pm 

In most Paypal fraud cases Sign-Up email address and Paypal payment email address is different , if we can add this feature to A2Billing I believe most of the Paypal fraud can be stopped.

VoIP Billing solution