Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Can you specify the CallerID when using cid-callback
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:04 pm 

Perhaps it's just me but I can't figure out how to change the outgoing CallerID on a callback using the a2billing-cid-callback context.

This has taken me a bit to figure out and I suspect there may be other out there scratching there heads too but here's the problem. In the beginning of all of this I was looking at my call records and seeing that the callback was successfully completed but never getting the call. After troubleshoot and three phones later I realized my VoIP phone and my mobile both automatically take you to voicemail for retrieval of your messages when you call you own number. Both systems see the callerID and assume a call from the device that belongs to that number.

I tried the a2billing-all-callback which used the CallerID option in the a2billing.conf but it doesn't seem to recognize the CallerID and use the appropriate account based on that.

So the question becomes, call you use the cid-callback context but have the outgoing call place from a different number or use the all-callback and have it recognize the account?

I'm still quite new at this so it's very likely I'm missing something simple but I searched and searched this and other forums and couldn't find anything so any help would be greatly appriecated.

Post subject: ask for the CID# for callback
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:01 am 

Hello,

Are you trying to have the A2billing callback function ask what caller ID number to display when calling you and your friends number?

If so send me an email a [email protected]

I can help you make this happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:24 am 

Dear Jacknab

It's much better for everyone if you post publicly about the solution you have, for the benefit of future readers who have the same issue.

Cheers

Joe Roper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:36 am 

Basically, I'd like to be able to do is call the system, have the system recognize the CallerID and associate it with the proper account (similar to that of a normal request) then callback that same number using the CallerID on the number they originally dialed instead of there own to prevent the callback from going to the callers voicemail in systems that recognize there own CallerID as a request for voicemail retrieval.

Thanks,
Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:26 pm 

It seems you want to modify CLI-callback so it looks-up an alternative number to call back on. To accomplish this you'd need to write some code.
Another possible work-around for your voicemail problem would be to override the outbound CLI to, for example, your access-number for the callback legs. This wouldn't need any code, just some modifications to a2billing.conf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:03 pm 

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not we're on the same page.

Using the a2billing default a2billing-cid-callback everything does exactly what i want except that I can't seem to figure out how to make the system callback using an alternate CallerID (say the access number they dialed in on) what i get is a callback with the CallerID of the original callers CallerID and that in many cases goes to voicemail.

If were talking about the same thing, could you explain how you'd change the Callback CallerID in the a2billing.conf because I've tried without any success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:10 pm 

I assumed setting 'force_callerid' would work. Does it not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:56 pm 

I think I know what elajambejr is talking about.

When you trigger a callback, the callerid that you will see will be your own phone number as if you were calling yourself. That may be incompatible this some mobile or even landline phone operator. And why is that? They assume that when you call yourself, it means that you are trying to check your voicemail. I can confirm that this is the way Telus Mobility works in Canada. That effectively makes it impossible for a Telus subscriber to use the callback systems unless the actual callback use a callerid that is different than the caller's number.

The bad knews for elajambejr is that this cannot be done without coding. The good news is that it can be done, and after dialing the destination number, the final callerid will be the caller's callerid.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 am 

Thanks for the reply asiby.

That's exactly the case. Telus and a number of other carriers in Canada work in this manner.

My thinking on this is that I'd like to be able to take the from-did value and replace the outgoing callerID with that. that was the caller would recieve the callback from what appears to be the access number they just dialed.

Has anybody done something like this before?

If not I'll have somebody work on it and post the code in case somebody else is interested.

Post subject: sorry joe
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:57 pm 

for some reason I could not upload the file that day or download any samples.

giving it a try now.

here is a copy of the callback.php file, that allows your users to enter there number, there caller id they want to display, and there calling number.

Attachments:
File comment: had to zip the callback.php
callback.zip [3.23 KiB]
Downloaded 628 times

Post subject: Re: Can you specify the CallerID when using cid-callback
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:06 am 

Hello guys,

i am also fighting with this problem. Can you please tell me, how you solved this problem

I managed to send the systems callerid simply by setting the "fromuser=number" in the sip.conf in Asterisk,
But then all calls have this callerid. But using the callthrough method or when the user is making a call using callback the second leg should send the callerid of the user...

I really have no idea what the force-callerid option in the a2billings.conf file is doing. I thought that might be a solutions, but if i put in the wanted callerid nothings changed:

auto_setcallerid = YES
force_callerid = +49123456789
cid_sanitize = NO

Thanks for help

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:17 am 

OK. I guess i have found a solution, which works for me.

Now the callback first leg has the callerid of my system.
The callerid of the Callback second leg is the number of the customer.

And using the callthrough method: Callerid is the one from the customer too.

I think this way it makes more sense as even dome customers without technical problems were confused seeing there own number in the display...

My Adjustments:

1. I created a new line in /etc/asterisk/a2billing.conf in the context [callback] (in my file behind line 51). I choosed the line behind callerid = callback (line 89). The new line is:

callerid_callback = +4930123456789 ( callerid of my system for the first leg)

2. I also did a small adjustment to a2billing.php
Around line 507 ( $callerid=$A2B->CallerID; ) i added another line:

$callerid_callback= $A2B -> config["callback"]['callerid_callback'];

and in line 528 i changed the QUERY for MySQL (I guess Postgre Users have to change the same in the next QUERY in line 531):

I changed the variable '$callerid' to '$callerid_callback'.

In detail:

The old QUERY:
$QUERY = " INSERT INTO cc_callback_spool (uniqueid, status, server_ip, num_attempt, channel, exten, context, priority, variable, id_server_group, callback_time, account, callerid, timeout ) VALUES ('$uniqueid', '$status', '$server_ip', '$num_attempt', '$channel', '$exten', '$context', '$priority', '$variable', '$id_server_group', ADDDATE( CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL $sec_wait_before_callback SECOND ), '$account', '$callerid', '$timeout')";

The new QUERY:
$QUERY = " INSERT INTO cc_callback_spool (uniqueid, status, server_ip, num_attempt, channel, exten, context, priority, variable, id_server_group, callback_time, account, callerid, timeout ) VALUES ('$uniqueid', '$status', '$server_ip', '$num_attempt', '$channel', '$exten', '$context', '$priority', '$variable', '$id_server_group', ADDDATE( CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL $sec_wait_before_callback SECOND ), '$account', '$callerid_callback', '$timeout')";

Finally a few hints:

In a2billing.conf i set the following paramter:

In section [callback]:
callerid = callback // (default)

In [agi-confX] (the one for the callback service):
auto_setcallerid = YES
force_callerid = // (not set)
cid_sanitize = NO

I hope that i understood it right and made no big mistake. My first tests worked fine and calls are billed correctly (for first and second leg)

Would be nice if anyone could check it out und let me know if there is are problem with my adjustment...

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:02 pm 

Nice one, it will be great if you can make a patch for trunk.

Cheers,
Areski

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:14 pm 

I'm really sorry, but i really don't know how to make a patch for the trunk :( .

(Maybe i misundestand you... You mean the trunk version of a2billings right?

I'm not a developer or something like that...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:01 pm 

To send Callerid of Calling Party pls change
around line 1112:

}elseif ($callback_mode=='ALL') {
$A2B->agiconfig['use_dnid'] = 0;
$A2B->agiconfig['number_try'] = 1;
$A2B->agiconfig['cid_enable'] = 0;
to

}elseif ($callback_mode=='ALL') {
$A2B->agiconfig['use_dnid'] = 0;
$A2B->agiconfig['number_try'] = 1;