provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 am
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: a2b+ did + destination + cid +...= I got crazy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:15 pm 

Well, I give up.
After few nights of trying to find out on my own, i simply give it up.

I'm not totally new in this. Have running CC platform for a while, with PIAF and a2b. WOrks quite OK.

What I want to achieve now is like this:

- I have a public DID used for CC business. Everything works OK.
- want to use the same DID for my private calls. i.e. if some of my family calls in the DID in question, a2b should recognize CID (no problem with this, works fine) and then route that call to my private LOCAL Extension (which is connected to follow me group and transfers call to my mobile,, voicemail etc.. that's all OK)
- alternatively a solution might be that caller is asked "enter the number you wish to call" when he press let's say "1" which is in speeddial set up to call my local extension.

in short, if my mom calls in her call should get routed directly to my own local extension; if anybody else calls in should be asked which number he/she wants to call (regular CC business)

Example:
DID is 987654 , local extension is 150
have tried to setup a did 987654 in a2b
have set up also a destination local/150@from-internal with "my" own customer card
have played with agi-conf changing parameters for use_did yes/no etc..

Whatever I try a2b tries to call did (987654) or caller is getting congestion because a2b tries to find rate for the destination "150"

Any point will be really appreciated.

Post subject: Re: a2b+ did + destination + cid +...= I got crazy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:33 am 

Hi

This is easiest done in inbound routes in FreePBX, as you do not have to charge for the call.

You could put a FreePBX IVR on it, which says something like " If you know the extension you want to call please dial it now" then drop the call into a ring group, and have it call your FreePBX extensions and external numbers that you use for customer support. Your friends, family, and special customers will be told your extension number and can dial that during the IVR.

For those less savvy, you can do CLI recognition on the inbound DID.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:16 am 

Well, it would be the easiest solution, indeed.
I have already tried it and it works OK.
But the problem is that I have quite big family :) so there would be quite a lot of different inbound routes which will be IMHO not easy to maintain.
And even more important is the fact that I don't want to disturb regular workflow of CC business, customers shouldn't be bothered by any new IVR or confusing messages about extensions, etc.

That's why I look for a solution within a2b including CID recognition and based on regular CC business message "enter the number you wish to dial" the a2b should be able to recognize that i.e. 150 is not a regular number to dial but local extension .

Thanks a lot for help jrooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:13 am 

Hi

I would disagree. A nice IVR in FreePBX would give a professional air to your company.

in any case, you are going to have to do as much typing whether you do it in FreePBX or A2Billing.

Joe

Predictive Dialer