Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:28 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Faxing through ISDN PRI
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am 

i have trixbox connected to a legacy pbx with isdn pri trunk. all telco resources are connected to the legacy pbx switch. Call senario is like this:

extension ===<pbx>======isdn===trixbox/a2b====isdn====<pbx>=====outgoing/Telco
fax machine====<pbx>=====isdn=====trixbox/a2b====isdn====<pbx>===outgoing/Telco

so all calls are orignated from the legacy pbx and routed over isdn to a2b for call crediting control and back to the pbx for call completion. So the whole path is TDM. Working fine with regular voice calls, but when sending faxes it is not going through.
However, when tested this without a2b and only trixbox fax goes through with no problem.

fax machine====<pbx>=====isdn=====trixbox Only====isdn====<pbx>===outgoing/Telco OK
fax machine====<pbx>=====isdn=====trixbox/a2b====isdn====<pbx>===outgoing/Telco FAIL

observation: the call process is going well but when the other end fax answers the agi just hangup. Sometimes it even hangup while ringing.

ISDN card rhino, trixbox 2.6, asterisk 1.4, and a2b 1.8
any suggestions. Thanks

P.S: I am not with the suggestion to upgrade asterisk nor trixbox as asterisk 1.4 is my favorate especially for Deadgi as it is not supported with asterisk later versions including 1.8.

Post subject: Re: Faxing through ISDN PRI
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:48 am 

Hi

Assuming you are using the same trunks, the only difference between the two systems will be the dial-command parameter. Compare the dial commands in the logs between FreePBX calling and A2Billing calling.

Joe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:17 am 

What is the peace of equipment that allows the fax machine to distinguish from a phone signal and a fax signal basically allowing a fax machine and a phone on the same line to operate independently. For example, someone is sending a fax and the phone doesn't ring but the fax receives a fax, something like a splitter of some sort. So, I dont have to get another phone line for my fax machine.

Last edited by shuphiya on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:12 am 

Hi

In the SIP protocol, there is a setting to recognise faxes, the other option is to use fax detection in Asterisk, which basically means answering the call, and listening for fax tones. I would suggest you google on these options. However, my advice would be to simply get a second DID, it just works.

Joe

Hosted Voice Broadcast