provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: HTML mail template by editing Database
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:49 am 

Hello all,
As in other thread, all as asking, but no any answer has been givin. I wanted to edit the mail templates to allow my system to send mails in html. So, writting in the mail templates directly as html is not working, as it still sending mails as text.

So, I went into the Database, and in the table cc_templatemail i found a field as messagehtml and the messagetext. All current mails are currently into the messagetext. So, I edit one of them into the messagehtml as html format.

Then I went into ./admin/Public/A2B_entity_mailtemplate.php and edit line 52 as it was:
Quote:
$instance_table_mail = new Table("cc_templatemail","messagetext, fromemail, fromname, subject");

To be as:
Quote:
$instance_table_mail = new Table("cc_templatemail","messagehtml, fromemail, fromname, subject");

And in line 67 where:
Quote:
window.opener.document.getElementById('msg_mail').value = data.messagetext;

to be:
Quote:
window.opener.document.getElementById('msg_mail').value = data.messagehtml;

But, when I'm trying to test it, and send mails from templates, i have:
1. Mails are arriving, but not in correctr Html format as I record them;
2. Large mails are cutted, and I get only 10 lines;

Should I edit something else, or how do it to get my mails template in correct HTML format?

Thank you in advance,

Post subject: Re: HTML mail template by editing Database
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:56 pm 

I have had thesame problem and gave up because :-

1st - A2billing sanitizes input/output from database. This is for security reasons. Some html codes are removed during this sanitization/cleaning.

2nd. Another issue is the string length limitation on the default email encoder in a2billing. With all that html code, you most likely exceed this limitation causing errors.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:14 am 

Cool. I had requested this a couple of versions ago since I find that it would be a really cool feature. The security however is a totally different story!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:08 pm 

cg180759 wrote:
Cool. I had requested this a couple of versions ago since I find that it would be a really cool feature. The security however is a totally different story!

I'm not sure if I understood what do you mean...

Anyway, i was deeply investigating into the mailer.php sources of a2b, but I couldn't find any of this size limitation... !!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:15 pm 

Hello,
As i still interested in bring this issue ahead, and as like always, a2billing community are inactive, I just wanted to share until where I arrived, and maybe someone are interested, and we may figure out this question definitively.

First of all, to handle html codes, the template table have a limit size to 3000, so I upgrade the size by running:

Quote:
ALTER TABLE `cc_templatemail` CHANGE `messagehtml` `messagehtml` VARCHAR( 90000 );

Second, I need to change the pointing code in the core, so after searching for the 'messagetext', i found several results, as:
Quote:
grep -r messagetext

Then to change all this at once, i did a standard find and change command, with:
Quote:
find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i 's/messagetext/messagehtml/g'

All my installation are going to handle the HTML mails, in THEORY, but, it's handling the old deprecated html format, when I write for example: (I'm glad to) i get in the mail: (I\'m glad to). Also, the html characteristics are not being written, as:
Quote:
<hr align="justify" width="50" />
>> Not working...
Quote:
<b>Terms& Conditions</b>
>> Being received as: simple text, and no as Bold text...

Also, Images are not being inserted in the html sent mail...

I don't have really deep acknowledge to investigate ahead, if this is a sendmail issue, or where I may figure out this...

Any help or idea, please??

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:12 pm 

it is not good to store HTML tags in database. Because a2billing does a lot of cleaning and sanity scrutiny to avoid injection fraud, trying to store html in the database will not work in a2billing.

What i suggest is create your mail templates as files and just use database as reference.

Post subject: SOLVED: HTML mail template by editing Database
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:13 am 

SOLVED

After really turning, and spending money in develop codes, where developers tried to edit several pages, the misc.php, and others... which we had to drop all lastly due to securit inconvenientes...

The issue here, is, in v.2.0... just when I go inserting the full HTML code, into the messegetxt field in the DB, the mailhandler work like sharm, and all mails are correctly handled in html code, with all characteristics...

BUT, wen open the mail template GUI editor, and try to edit a mail text, it's being inserted wrong from the ./admin//Public/A2B_entity_mailtemplate.php to the DB, and then, then code is wrongly stored, so, it's bad handled by the mailhandler...

This issue is not a real core issue, it's just a bug in the /Public/A2B_entity_mailtemplate.php page... as also, if I go to customers page, and load an existing template, already stored in html, and just send the mail, the html code is properly handled without any issue...

SO, THE DEFINITION, IS THE MAIN SOLUTION, THIS BUG JUST COME FROMT THE /Public/A2B_entity_mailtemplate.php.

FYI,

Regards.

Predictive Dialer