provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:54 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Domestic vs. International Dialing
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:22 pm 

Good-day,

I am running Elastix 2.5.0 which came bundled with A2Billing. So I am in the process of testing the interface and have setup the custom trunk successfully. I am able to pass calls from Asterisk to A2Billing, however, have noticed that if I dial any domestic USA number without prefixing it with 1, the call is picked up as an international call.

Is there anyway of defaulting all calls to be treated as domestic unless the caller dials an international prefix. For example, whenever I try to call 240-555-5555 the call is picked up as going to Equatorial Guinea. When I confirm this via the rate simulator, I can see that the prefix for this country is 240 so I can definitely understand why this is happening.

So how do I stop this from happening? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Domestic vs. International Dialing
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:17 pm 

Hi

First, if you are using Elastix, make sure you are running the latest version of A2Billing, not 1.9.4. This is important.

You would have to manipulate the dialled digits before passing the call into A2Billing if it's VoIP you are offering. This is easily done with a bit of asterisk dialplan to identify and add a 1 to 10 digit numbers.

The other approach is to put dialcodes in the rate tables with 011 for all international calls, and strip off the 011 in the trunk settings, you will also need rates for 1NXXXXXXXX and for NXXXXXXXXX. The NXXXXXXXXX will call a trunk that adds a 1 onto it.

Joe

Predictive Dialer