provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Elastix freepbx with a2billing routing and configuring
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:57 pm 

Hello everybody

I am new to this world but I am searching and working right till now.
There was a working freepbx with extensions trunks and routes. I was asked to activate a2billing on this system.

working versions are:
elastix 2.4
elastix-a2billing 1.9.4

I succeeded in that by making a trunk in freepbx with string "Local/$OUTNUM$@a2billing/n" and make route to it and created the needed providers,trunks, rateplan, accounts.... in the a2billing system.

What is working now is:
1-that the route is forwarded to a2billing according to a specific pattern; when the pattern is entered you will hear how much remaing $s the predefined account have.
2-Then you will be asked to enter the number followed by the pound key.
3-Then you will hear how many minutes you still have according to rate defined and the call is forwarded to the trunk defined in a2billing correctly.(although that a2billing is starting to calculate call duration from this point whether the call is answered or not but is not the main problem right now).

The question is can I route to a2billing with the number followed by the pound key directly with no pattern. I mean I want the user to dial the number directly from the extension and he will hear how many minutes still have with no need to dial a pattern and then the number and pound key.

Thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: Elastix freepbx with a2billing routing and configuring
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:22 am 

Hi

First, you should not be using 1.9.4, the current version is 2.2. This is important.

the setting you are looking for in the agi-conf is use_dnid = yes.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:49 pm 

Hello @jroper

Thanks for your help but I found the solution before and was checking the topic if anybody replied.

Now everything is fine and can change the global list settings to say the remaining minutes or $s or even both.

But the problem now is the incorrect billing. And searched and tried many solutions but no one solved the problem.
I use to watch the freepbx Operator Panel.
The call is directed towards a2billing according to the specified pattern defined in the route on freepbx and when a2billing forward the call back to the trunk in the freepbx it start to calculate call duration from this point whether the call was answered or cancelled or whatever happens. As soon as the call is forwarded to the trunk the call duration starts, and this is not accepted to bill calls that were not answered or even dialed wrong or cancelled directly.

How can I fix this issue?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:33 pm 

The call is directed towards a2billing according to the specified pattern defined in the route on freepbx and when a2billing forward the call back to the trunk in the freepbx it start to calculate call duration from this point whether the call was answered or cancelled or whatever happens. As soon as the call is forwarded to the trunk the call duration starts, and this is not accepted to bill calls that were not answered or even dialed wrong or cancelled directly.

How can I fix this issue?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:56 pm 

Hi

Use a carrier that does not answer calls.

If you are using an analogue card for connection to the PSTN, it cannot be solved.

Joe

Hosted Voice Broadcast