Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: What are vouchers good for?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:04 pm 

As I understand it, vouchers can be created in batches and basically anyone who knows the voucher number can use it to top-up their balance. So I presume that vouchers are meant to be printed on scratch-cards and sold in stores, right?

So what is the advantage of vouchers over topping up your account online with PayPal or Credit Card? The only thing I can think of is that a customer can use cash to pay for the voucher instead of paypal/cc, but they still have to go online to activate it right?

Would appreciate any real-world examples of how this can be utilized

Thanks,

Timbo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:06 am 

Personally i always thought of the voucher function as a coupon function....i might be wrong but that's what i see it as :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:42 pm 

something like free credit? or bonus to the client, or coupon function like crshman say.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:21 am 

From what I am seeing, Vouchers are ONLY good if you purchase them from a dispenser and ACTUALLY go to the website to enter your voucher in. Vouchers can also be used if you want to give someone a free credit to his account.

However, I can not seem to be able to use the vouchers via the telephone when my credits run to $0.00. I think this should be also usable via the telephone to add additional credits.

We would like to use an ATM machine to dispense vouchers to our clients to top off their existing accounts but unless A2B can function with Vouchers via the Telephone, I do not think it would be possible.

One thing I would recommend is to specify a default starting code.
eg: if the card code starts with say 0-4, then it is a new calling card number. If the code starts with 5-9, then these are vouchers to be added to your existing calling card number account. This will help reduce the amount of calling card numbers out there and allow us to maintain a specific calling card's account active.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:07 pm 

I believe you are all correct. Vouchers are used to top up an account. They could be used as copuon/bonuses for whatever reason OR they could be sold as scratch-offs in stores. One big advantage is that many people in 3rd world countries do not have credit cards and cash is their only avenue.

Additionally, I think as soon as the SVN is released and open to the public we should probably expect that if the new version does not already have this functionality, I would expect a hack would be implemented that will allow for vouchers to be entered over the phone line eliminating the need for a PC to use them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:46 am 

Can't wait for next version... Heard this issue has been fixed so that we can enter vouchers via the telephone.

Voice Broadcast System