provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: EVERYONE Please Read =)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 am 

Hello Everyone,

I have a question for everyone, including the NEWBS of the community.....what is it that you find most confusing about the whole A2Billing system?

I ask this so we can tailor the documentations to suit the needs of everyone.....please post your replies here as to what you find confusing or problematic about A2Billing.

PLEASE do not post things that are already documented.....yes...there are things already documented.....

EDIT--

Hmm for some reason this was locked....please post things that are lacking in the documentation please!

Post subject: Confusion:Integrating with other platforms TB, oldAAH etc
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:06 am 

The biggest concern for the majority would be to integrate a2billing with the existing open source applications providing call IN/OUT functinoailty such as Trixbox, AAH etc.

Considering trixbox's latest version , it does provide an implementation layout for a variety of features such as handle calls, call back, dictation, hardware integration etc. Ironically, it does not provide a way to keep an accounting for them. Although, it comes along with its own CDR reports. I wonder why the billing part has been ignored.

There have been guides such as sureteq that give a briefing about how to install and use a2billing with trixbox. Still, there is a need for more to document. In my case, I wanted to have my each extension billed, also when calling internal (from SIP ext -> SIP ext). Not exagerrating, I had to go through ONE BIG HELL.

Being a C programmer myself, It would've been extremely helpful if there had been some technical documentation containing context free diagrams CFDs or DFDs (data flow diagrams), primarily outlining of how a2billing works internally. Just like the software engineering approach, where all functions and their roles are highlighted in a module and are documented. If there is any such documentation available, let me know so that I can easily dig into it rather than looking at the code only and shooting in the dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm 

As a layman I would love to see documentation on upgade procedures from one version to another or for the SVN´s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:58 pm 

I think for newbies it's lack of documentation in almost all the areas. For example I have been trying to see some docs on Paypal integration guide but so far no luck.

Its much preferable if A2Billing also could have a documentation project as asterisk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:35 pm 

I've found installation to be somewhat tricky... It would be fantastic if we could get this into a repo for "yum" like functionality.

After all with a base install of Fedora or CentOS you can now "yum install asterisk".. It would be sweet to be able to "yum install asterisk a2billing" and just get things working. Just a note from someone on the Telecoms side of the fence and not the Linux side.

or even just more NOOB-oriented documentation

Post subject: A2Biing n00b Suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:35 pm 

Hi All,

First off, let me begin by saying that from what I have seen so far, this is truly a beautiful product, and once I get it working, I would not mind donating to it. That being said, it may be sometime before I actually get it working. ;)

Anyhow, being new to A2B, one of the biggest hurdles I have found so far, is the somewhat lacking documentation. Yes I agree there is a setup page, but honestly, it reads more like a treasure map, than an actual how to (no offense). I agree with a.rehman, that some Component Diagrams, or Flow Diagrams (or any diagrams) would be helpful. After all, let's face it most of the user on this forum, will most likely have a technical background, and will probably understand such diagrams.

Another thing that I found to be lacking were directions on how to setup a Distributed Installs. If you are looking to setup one Monolithic system, then the directions are fine.

In my experience, most enterprise systems are usually separated out into different tears, across different boxes, allowing for the distribution of the various components.

For example, some documentation outlining the components for the Client (UI), Business Logic, and Data Access Layer would be a big improvement. In addition to this, I believe it would be helpful, if items such as the install location for PHPAGI were documented somewhere. In the existing documentation, it just says included...not really sure what that means??? Perhaps it means something for TrixBox user, however, there are those of us who are building our systems from source....

Finally, I think it would be a good idea to have some Stickys for all the n00b, to help us get started.

Thanks,

Razor

Post subject: newbie like me
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:26 pm 

newbie like me at only on trixbox , a2billing but also on linux commands..

i need documentations procedure with actual linux commands..

Post subject: Documentation about difficult things
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:03 pm 

Documentation about difficult things like Callback installation and implementation, DID installation and implementation with more details than what we have not.

Post subject: Re: EVERYONE Please Read =)
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:27 pm 

Refills vs. Payments

You can do a payment and not have to do a Refill then what would be the ultimate usage of refills.

Connection between two A2Billings (switch vs. application)

In customers, difference between SIP and IAX2 configurations when you go into a customer and the buttons on the customers listings area.

Hosted Voice Broadcast