Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: DID Billing and operation
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:13 am 

Well, since someone has started getting into the code and understands it well, I figured, why not request something that I know many have asked about.

That being that when a customer selects or is assigned a DID, that they are billed for it, and the recurring monthly bill is automatically done for this. Seems like the DID billing is setup to work as an automated function, but there's something missing ...

I've got DID working fine for customers, but I have to manually bill them each month making any size growth difficult. <any thoughts ??>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:56 am 

Just wondering....who would that somebody be? :?

Anyhoo...i have been working on fixing this issue:
http://forum.a2billing.net/viewtopic.php?t=1028

As for the monthly billing....i'm going to start working on that next most likely....we need it for us as well....so i guess i'll share it to help the community...

What exactly where you looking for with DID billing? How would you/the community like it to work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:33 am 

Yes, actually that other post is what inspired me to write this request. As long as you're digging into the DID stuff. I figured let's ask.

If you look in the admin side, you see that a DID can be created with parameters that include:

Billing type:
Fix per month + dialout rate (I assume most users select this type)
Fix per month
Only dial-out rate
Free

FixRate: (monthly rate fee for the DID)

That all seems good, but the issue is that I don't believe that there is the mechanism in place to properly charge this fixrate and to have it automatically executed and deducted monthly from the user balance.

Then in the user interface that you're working on so that the user can only assign his own own DID to the destinations and their priorities - that sounds good. Are you thinking about also allowing the user to select his own DID or would you think that requires admin to initially assign the DID? I know that didx.net has an API that could make user selectable ones kinda fun (but sounds like a lot of work to me).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:49 am 

Hello =)

Well from what i've seen there is no mechanism in place to charge DID's.....only services but even then...that mechanism is pretty sketchy....i have emailed areski to see what needs updating and addition (hopefully he gets back to me and doesn't blow me off :( ) But i'm looking to see what i can do....

As for the destinations for the user, i have implemented this:

1) A user can only "buy" DID's that are not in use by other users
2) A user can only modify DID's that belong to them
3) The destination for a DID defaults to that user's SIP device.

For our implementation a user can select any DID they wish, i still have to add support for States and Regions, but that shouldn't be too hard (i hope)

As for the didx API, i haven't seen it and we don't use them as a DID provider so this really isn't on my TODO list, for now we will just purchase blocks of DIDs from our provider and provision them to allow our users to buy them.

Voice Broadcast System