Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: How do I bill a customer based on the extension dialled from
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:56 pm 

I have FreePBX set up to work with A2B. I would like to be able to charge customers based on which extension they dial from or which extension they dial to. This would allow me for example to give my technicians (extensions) in the Support Department free calls to any other Department, but other Departments would pay different rates for their calls. I have configured rates and ratecards that work fine but cant get A2B to choose a rate based on the extension I am dialing from. I was looking at the DNID and CALLERID PREFIX under the ratecard properties but was not able to get this to work. Any Ideas/solutions?

Post subject: Re: How do I bill a customer based on the extension dialled from
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:51 am 

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a similar situation where I need to be able to charge based on the extension that the caller has dialed! I have 126 different extensions and each extension can decide the rate they need/want to charge, based on their desired rate I need to set up a rate card that will charge the desired rate.

I think my situation may be a little more complex than yours but very similar...

I have asterisk, freepbx and a2billing all working together, inbound calls route to a2billing, customer is authenticated based on either pin or caller id and then prompted for the extension they want to dial. All extensions are setup with a followme number. this is all working, they dial extension and it goes out via followme and the calls are billed but they all go out over the same rate card.

Any help on what you did with your solution would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: How do I bill a customer based on the extension dialled from
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:56 pm 

Hi I did not check back for a while and you might have found a solution already. They way I dealt with this problem was I created a trunk called internal. Using the %dialingnumber% variable as a the IP/Host field, I then created a rate that matched the number I was dialing to. As my extensions are based on location creating the rates was just based on the first digits that identified the location.

Predictive Dialer