It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:26 am 

give write permisions on that folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:57 am 

had the same thing give writable permissions to template_c folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:06 am 

Code:
chmod +w /var/www/html/a2customer/templates_c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:12 am 

Try

chmod 644 /var/www/html/a2customer/templates_c

and if it works, then good.

"chmod +w" will give write access to the entire world. We might want to use it only in extreme cases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:11 pm 

Are you sure? Not even an upgrade or some sort of modification in the Web interface? We have to explore all the possibilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:15 pm 

And can you confirm that you know for sure that the error was not there before? Did you visit the same page before? I say that because in my case, for example, I have never tried somethings like the DID features, the vouchers, ...

I haven't tried to create a voucher and use it :D. It's simple because I don't need them for now.

Also, some error in PHP may be the consequences of other error that are not showing on the screen. For example, for some sites, if register_globals needs to be ON and something turns it OFF, then the some global variables will be missing and that will not produce any error message.

In the linux console, try the following code in the main directory of the page that you are trying to display in the browser. It might help you detect more error messages that may not be showing in the browser.

Code:
php -l index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:21 pm 

Do you mean a2billing 1.2 or asterisk 1.2?

We are using asterisk 1.4, php5, mysql5, a2billing 1.3 and it is working for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:39 pm 

I got the same error after installing and configuring A2B 1.3. I did a reinstall of the software and made sure that user asterisk and group asterisk were the owners of everything in a2billing and a2bcustomer. It worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:00 pm 

Yep, sjack55 is right. This is simply an permission related problem. And by permission, I am not just talking about chmoding files and folder. You also have to chown it with the correct owner and group. It works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:10 pm 

Around 50 testing users, and 10 real clients, and over the next week, we will convert them into clients. But I hear you callingcard, and I am sorry to see you so disappointed. The alternative to A2billing costs USD 33 000, just to give you an idea. And that includes a single server installation. In my case, for now, we have only launched a2billing for unlimited calling within our network (north america, some parts of south america, europe, asia, and so on). Because of that, it's difficult to notice rate issues; except for the negative balance issue. We are going to launch the worldwide per minute calling later on. We have been testing since last January.

I suggest that you and I get in touch, and I am willing to spend some time to help you with these issues that you are having. I know that our team is going to bump into the same issues that you are having, so if we fix them now, it will help you and us as well.

For the rates changes, I have notice that every time you update the currency exchange rate in a2billing, it will affect you accounts' balances. What I mean by that is that if the exchange rate is 1 USD = 1.22 CAD, and if a customer hears his balance in Canadian Dollars and has 1 US dollar in his account, he will hear "You have 1 dollar and 22 cents".

But ...., if a you update the exchange rates later, let's assume that the new exchange rate becomes 1 USD = 1.28 CAD. The same customer will hear "You have 1 dollar and 28 cents".

The different may not seem to be very hight. But for a 20$ balance, the difference seen by the customer will be as hight as 1.2$. Scary stuff.

That's why we were thinking of having the exchange rate attached to individual rates. This way, the rate at the moment of the card creation will be preserved, and the more actual rate will be used only when topping up the account, and then, we will calculate the average of the previous rate with the new own, and that will reflect more accurately the financial situation of the account; just like merchandise stock management.

Hosted Voice Broadcast